Cold

A/N: The recent year in particular has been especially difficult for Asian people, following COVID-19. Acts of pure hate and bigotry have been committed, and as someone with a platform, it is my duty to inform you all of the matters at hand. I will not go into detail at risk of triggering anyone, but I strongly encourage you all to do research on this topic on your own.

Side note: Derek Chauvin got charged for all three counts! Let it be a moment of celebration, but continue to recognize the change we have yet to make in our society.

Ignorance and hate will not be tolerated on my profile nor book. If you disagree with this note, feel free to keep it to yourself or remove my book from your library.

Much love to all my supporters as always,
Eleanor

***

My sneakers pad against the black carpet, the hallway completely quiet from the early morning hours. Luca's hands are placed lightly on my shoulders as we walk in sync, the same guarding stance from earlier now on again.

We eventually reach the large, black steel door, to which Luca scans a card on the lock pad, reaching his arm under my own and next to my waist to do so.

The same hand holding the card presses down on the modern nob before Luca aggressively shoves the door open.

I take a step in, my head and body turning completely as I scan the long foyer. The walls a clean slate gray, a large closet is centered in the middle of the wall to my right.

I pull one arm out of Luca's coat, half of it now hanging off as I pull my other arm out, bundling it in my hands before hanging it up on one of the hangers provided by the hotel. I pull out my phone from one of the pockets and throw it onto the bed, before pulling my gun out too and keeping it in hand.

I walk further out of the hallway, reaching the huge room. If I crane my neck, I can see the large, open skylight. The sun is coming up slightly, the sky only with a slight orange tint.

I stand there for a few moments, simply gazing up at the sunrise. Luca's footsteps are audible from behind me, before he begins to shuffle slightly around the room, seemingly looking for something.

It appears he has finally found the object in question, a small silver remote in his hand. My attention moves to the trinket, watching as Luca presses a button in the center of it, the light in the room dispersing a few seconds after the action.

The only illumination provided is from one of the lamps situated on one side of the headboard of the bed. I squint my eyes while looking back up to where my stare was previously pointed, now noticing a dark sort of shade cast over the ceiling window from the remote button.

I look around the room again, noticing the other windows with their shades completely down, although small hints of tangerine sunlight peek through the bottom of them.

My eyes feel heavy and sullen, the utter exhaustion threatening to take over my body. I turn my body to face the bed, before hearing a shrill and unmistakable ring of a doorbell. I turn on my heel, only to notice Luca already stalking towards the door, disappearing from my sight once he walks into the foyer.

After placing my gun on a small counter, I go to follow, but he's back before I can with two gray suitcases. "Here are your clothes." He informs, dragging the suitcases to the large walk-in closet on the other end of the room.

I nod slowly, unable to make any extravagant gestures with the sleepy state I'm in. I reach the closet as well, moving to stand next to where Luca is. I walk in front of him, laying both suitcases down on the vast flooring of the space, unzipping both of them carefully, so as to not send clothes flying around.