Invincible

A/N: Please assume all chapters are in Ivy's POV unless otherwise indicated! I'll do a Luca POV around every 5th chapter!
Much love, Ellie :)

                    (Still at the meeting)

"So," I begin. "We heard Dennis and this other man, Ivan, talking about the American mafia at their warehouse near the Rose Quartz restaurant. They think they have a rat because apparently we stopped their intercepment of one of our shipments. Has anyone from the Ivanovs been contacting us, Blake?"

My brother seems to contemplate for a few moments. Something seems to flash in his eyes, "Actually, yes." He informs. I spare a glance at Luca, who seems to be peculiarly interested in this conversation. His normal indifferent features now work together to create an entranced expression on his face. "We've been keeping tabs on the Russian warehouses, looking out for any signal." He continues, now moving out of the room, and motioning with his hand for Luca and I to follow. We obey, and walk close behind him to the computer room. When we enter, he is already pulling up an aerial view of what I recognize as the Ivanov base from our earlier (failed) raid. He points to a certain area, "Over here, a red dot keeps appearing, showing signal. We know from Jack, the guy undercover," Blake reminds Luca. "that the Ivanovs don't allow any of their members to use electronics that aren't hidden from signal detection. We would normally just assume this was a member that forgot about this rule, but the signal keeps flashing at the same times, repeating a deliberate pattern. This person is trying to give a signal. They're doing it on purpose."

"What does this have to do with our shipment interception though?" I question.

Blake just shakes his head before speaking, "I heard about that shipment interception, our security was just very strong on that particular shipment." Blake tells me, emphasis on the last two words.

I think for a few beats before it registers. We had a shipment scheduled to come in on Sunday. But this was no ordinary shipment of drugs, No, this was something much bigger.

"The rifle shipment." I breathe out. My brother nods and Luca seems to be putting the pieces together before doing the same.

We had hundreds of new rifles coming in that day, only available to the American mafia. They are somewhat a secret weapon, because no one has access to them except us. They are light and easy to maneuver, allowing our kills to be precise and efficient.

I rub my temples. "So... they have a rat, but they don't think that for the right reason." I think out loud. So complicated.

I think for a few more beats. "We need to convince them they don't." I state.

Luca quirks an eyebrow at me and Blake sends me a questioning look. "And how do you suppose we do that, Ms. Genius?" Luca interrogates, an amused tone lacing his words.

I choose to ignore his last remark and simply turn to my brother, "Call Dad and the inner circle into the big meeting room in 30 minutes." I order. Luca furrows his brows in confusion, and I just send him a glare in response, before beginning to turn on my heel and walk out.

"Wait, Vee!" My brother calls after me, causing me to halt in my tracks. I slowly turn around and cross my arms. "One more thing." He says, I raise an eyebrow, and wave my hand in a circular motion to single him to continue. "We think the Ivanovs found out about us being at the party. They've doubled their security on all their New York grounds." My brother informs.

"What?" I exclaim. "How could they have found out?" I question worriedly, now beginning to pace around the large room.

Blake runs a hand over his face, in a manner that shows the stress on him right now. "I don't know, Vee." He sighs, dramatically throwing his arms up to show mock-defeat. He puts his thumb up to his teeth, biting on the nail, a habit he has yet to break.