Shots

A foreign feeling forms in me at this sight. My chest tightens and a pang of something unpleasant washes through my stomach.

Clementine seems to recognize him as well, and gives me a wary and cautious look. I shrug at her, masking my emotions, and turn around to order shots from the waiter.

A few minutes later the vodka shots come, and I quickly down three, smirking at the stunned expression on the waiters face upon my impressive actions. A warm feeling washes through my body, as I suddenly get an idea. Luca wants to kiss other girls?

Two can play at that game.

Using the fact that he presumably doesn't know of my presence to my advantage, I inform the girls I'm heading over to the dance floor. It doesn't take long for a fairly good-looking man in a suit to come behind me and place his hands on my swaying hips. I can't see Luca and his little plaything anymore, which I'm grateful for, just wanting to enjoy my night and escape him.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the shoulder of the handsome individual, letting all my worries wash away with the melody of the upbeat music. We dance for a few minutes when he suddenly gets violently ripped off me.  I turn around and see Luca beating the man, which I now know as David, to a pulp. Despite the very crowded dance floor, they seem to part for Luca at the scene, and I now realize they can all recognize him from his high status in the hotel and casino world.

Luca is now on the ground, on top of David and repeatedly and mercilessly punching him. David is no scrawny guy, but Luca is still vastly stronger than him and significantly more skilled.

"That is enough, Luca." I stay sternly, causing him to avert his attention up to me, and David uses this to his advantage. He flips Luca over so they're in the same position, just opposing sides. Luca is clearly capable of defending himself, but when David raises his fist to mimic Luca's earlier actions, something in me ignites.

I take my gun out of its place on my thigh and discreetly place it on David's back, ensuring that only he feels the cool metal pressed against his back. I crouch down to match David's frozen position, keeping my gun hidden but still threatening.

"Throw that punch and you will soon find yourself wishing all you received was a few punches." I whisper, a deadly tone in my voice, mafia mode on.

I hear him gulp in terror and quickly scramble off Luca, as I strategically place my gun back onto my thigh, keeping it hidden. I stand up abruptly, not sparing a glance Luca's way. I head over to the closest bar, as my table is too far from the dance floor and in Luca's direction.

"Black Russian." I tell the bartender my order, about to slip him my Black Amex, when a large hand stops the credit card's movement on the table.

"A water for her." A deep voice sounds from behind me, sending an order to the bartender who simply nods, ignoring my request. I turn around already knowing who's behind me, immediately recognizing the cologne. Luca.

I cross my arms and narrow my eyes up at him, praising myself for wearing these heels so I'm closer to his height than normal. "And who are you to cut me off?" I question angrily.

"You've had enough to drink." He says authoritatively.

I scoff. "I've had like, three shots. And I have a high alcohol tolerance."

I turn at the sound of my water being placed on the table. "Black Russian. That is an order." I demand to the bartender and he simply nods and scurries away, leaving me extremely irritated that he listened to Luca over me. Although I can't blame him, the guy has a reputation. To say the least.

Luca's eyes cloud with something dark as he looks down at me. I return the same menacing glare as we have a stare-off for a good few minutes. My drink is placed on the counter, and before I can move to take it, Luca, asshole in all his glory, takes it and downs it in one go. I stay there astonished at one, his audacity, and two, his capability of practically inhaling such a strong drink. And I thought I had a strong tolerance.