Pathetic

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Summer's been really hectic and have kinda had a writers block. So sorry, will try harder in the future!

Love you all!
El <3
~~~

Beep. Beep.

"Is she waking up?"

"I don't know, B."

Mom?

"But—"

"Be quiet, Blake."

Dad?

"You don't understand! It's been two days and she's still out!"

"Leave it. She needs rest."

Beep. Beep.

My head pounds, ringing echoing in my ears, I try to sit up, but feel completely frozen.

Why can't I move?

"Where's Luca?"

Luca? Where's Luca? He came right? He wouldn't leave me.

He promised.

My heart rate increases, as does the beeping, the constant rhythm turning incredibly rapid.

"Drop it, Blake."

"Bu— She's waking up!"

Suddenly, I'm able to sit up in a jolt, hair sticking to my face from sweat, head throbbing and I can't see properly, I feel disoriented and weak, so fucking weak.

The ringing begins to subside but still muffles everyone else's words to make them incomprehensible, leaving me alone with my father in this panicked state.

My vision clears, and I recognize the mafia infirmary, our family crest imbedded into the wooden door, swinging closed from my mom and Blake's exit. I gulp, letting my back fall onto the headboard of the mattress again, propping myself up and applying minimal pressure due to my tender wounds.

"Whe-" I clear my throat, reaching my arm without the IV attached and gulping down water, only registering how thirsty I actually am when the cool liquid hits my lips. I let it trickle down my parched, scratchy throat then set it down and clear my throat, surveying the room one last time, yet somewhat struggling from my still hazy mind. "Where's Luca?"

My dad's comforting smile falters and he rolls his shoulders back, becoming slightly tense. "Can you remember any of what happened in the past week or so?"

Confused, I furrow my eyebrows and try to think. It was Christmas with Luca, and then... my breath catches. And then Clementine, Chleo, Viktor, Adrien, Achille... they took us and then they took me to Luca.

And then... and then—

Oh.

Swallowing thickly, I face my dad again with a blank look. "Sorry. I forgot."

My jaw sets as I watch his face soften, opening his mouth to say something then snapping it shut with a glance at my hard expression.

I don't need fucking sympathy.

"When can I be out of here?" My voice is cold, distant almost, and my father notices it, clear when he flashes me a small, sorrowful smile in response.

"You just need a check-up and you should be out of here this afternoon."

I nod, avoiding his sympathetic gaze. "Cool. The New Years party is today, right?"

My father cocks his head in confusion at me. "Yes?"

I throw my legs over the side of the bed, suppressing a wince at the strong ache shooting through my sore legs, a large wound on my upper thigh that reacts particularly unpleasantly. "Okay, I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a new dress on short notice but I'm sure it will be fine."