Moonlight

A/N: smutty smut smut in this chapter ;) first astrix marks to second ones if you wish to skip!

Sorry for the late chapter! I graduated yesterday so I didn't have time :((! Made this one long for you guys :)

Lots of love and thank you endlessly for the kind words!

Kisses,
Ellie <3
~~~

Dead silence.

The car comes to a stop, the engine rumbling before, dead silence.

I search Luca's eyes, but he looks at everything except me. I slightly register the driver telling us we're here, but don't act on it whatsoever. "What?" I breathe out, and it's all I can get out through the pure shock consuming me.

He runs his hand over his scruffed jaw and looks forward, now facing the back of the passenger seat completely. His hand suddenly grips mine and he unlocks the passenger-side door, only giving me enough time to unbuckle my seatbelt before he's dragging us up to the door, snow falling heavily on our shoulders.

The only warmth I have is from Luca's fingers interlaced with mine. I hear the splattering of the snowflakes hitting my skin, touching the tip of my nose and getting tangled in my hair.

He rushedly fumbles in his back pocket, retrieving a metal ring with three golden keys, along with two black fobs all hanging from the small metallic loop.

He tries the first fob, it doesn't work, and then he tries the next, slightly larger one. The pad glows green and the door opens with a click when Luca holds down on the knob, using the hand with the keys in it to do so.

The room we enter illuminates with light from our movement, each lamp, or set of lamps, one by one. I hadn't seen pictures, just trusted my father when he said he had rented somewhere remote, but my God, is it beautiful. It has incredibly tall ceilings, equally as large windows that showcase the glamorous nature surrounding us, white trees and singing birds.

But the most eye-catching thing is the magnificent burning fireplace, so huge that it is double the size of the large chairs in front of it as well.

The door shuts behind us, automatically locking. I watch as he walks over to kitchen, I would almost consider it moseying, I would in fact have probably considered it as completely careless when I first met him, but his shoulders are lifted slightly, his hands hold the fridge handle a little tighter than normal.

After taking off my boots, which are expertly and intricately designed, and taking off my wet sweater, I begin to quietly follow behind him, facing towards his back as he retrieves a cutting board from the cupboard, and brings over the fruit bowl from the island on his left, slightly behind him but he doesn't notice my presence a few feet next to it. Or, at least, doesn't show me he notices it.

He runs some strawberries under the running water, and pulls out a knife from the block, this one similar to that of a butter knife. He slices the stem of then cuts it in half, does the same with around four more before going to get a mango from the bowl.

He peels it and I gnaw on my bottom lip anxiously, used to forcing this information out of someone. I proceed slowly behind him, as he begins to peel the skin of the mango, with a dramatically large knife.

I reach so close to him that if I moved my feet an inch they would tap his heel. "Luca." I begin softly, but stop when his shoulders rise up in surprise instantly, and notice a small trickle of blood trailing down the length of the wooden board and down to the sink.

I place my hands on his arms and shift him, just to notice a large gash on his palm. I immediately grab the hand, careful not to touch any of the wound. I'm honestly surprised his hand hasn't clenched a fist around my fingers, unlike his other hand that has done exactly that, so much that his knuckles are practically bright white. When I look up to him, his jaw is tight and his gaze is locked on me. "It's fine." He says, although it's more of a hiss because by the time he's finishing I'm already feeling around the cut, poking, prodding. I just look at him with a hard, unimpressed glare and attempt to tug him to a bedroom.