Spa

Sprinting to my car and crawling through the shattered window and passenger seat, I grab my phone and scroll to my brother's number.

Clicking it and crawling back out, I make my way back over to Luca and stand in front of him as he leans on the side of his car.

I bite my lip anxiously, holding the phone in my palm, the bloody knife in the other. I call my brother again when he doesn't pick up.

I watch as Luca leans back through the passenger side window, pulling out a plastic baggie from the glove compartment. He glances down at the knife while he opens the bag for it. I place it in, blade up, and watch the screen as the call gets picked up.

"What?" My brother's voice grumbles, the call on speaker. 

I pace back and forth, the leaves crunching under me, while Luca places the knife back in the compartment.

"What did you do with the dead attackers?" I ask frantically.

"We burned some, others in the dumpster." He replies, nonchalant.

I switch the phone into my bloody hand and run my clean hand through my hair. "Check the dumpster." I order.

"Why?" He complains.

"Now, Blake." I demand sternly.

Turning around to pace the other way, I feel two large hands on my waist, stopping me. I glare up at Luca and try to remove myself from his grip. But it is to no avail, as his grip remains firm.

"Shit." I hear Blake's faint voice over the phone, leaving me to completely forget about Luca.

"What?" I question.

"They're gone. The bodies are gone." He breathes out angrily.

I go to run my hand through my hair again, but a strong hold prevents me from doing so. Huffing, I glare up at him again. He looks just as concerned as I, but of course a smirk is plastered on his lips. Those lips.

I find myself staring at them, watching as the smirk grows even deeper. Rolling my eyes and not baring to look at his smug expression, I inform my brother. "They take something to make themselves weaker when we capture them. I think it makes them temporarily die, so they can run away and have us thinking we killed them. I have the knife I stabbed them with so we can test it for any known drugs."

"Christ, Vee. Okay, keep the knife. I'll test it." He sighs.

"Okay, B. Be safe. Bye." I say before hanging up.

I stick it in my pocket and look up at Luca, my eyes lost in his lips again. The same smirk develops, and I watch silently as he scratches his chin, his silver watch draping on his wrist.

Wait.

I grip his wrist and check the time. 12:53.

"Shit. I have somewhere to be. Can you drive me?" I ask, dropping his watch and looking back to my beat up car.

I really loved that car.

Looking back to him, I feel the warmth on my waist gone. Sure enough, Luca is already climbing into the driver's seat.

I rush over to the passenger's side and pull on the door, swinging it open and buckling myself in one swift movement.

"Where to?" Luca asks, turning the car on and backing up, out of the trees.

"Lilly's Spa. I'll tell you where to turn." I inform him as I'm thrown about while the car drives over various thick branches.

All of me is sore from the car chase, and this surely doesn't help. We finally make it onto the main road, but not without one large jolt. My shoulder drives into an awkward space in between the seat and the brim of the car door.