Stay

A/N: Which characters would you guys like to see in a separate romance for a possible next book?

~~~

Luca POV

I take in her battered form, knotted hair, bruised body and face, dried blood on the sides of her face and corners of her mouth, an unmistakable limp to her walk.

I swear to God, when I get out of these restraints I am going to fucking murder every single one of these bastards that hurt her, until the day they regret they were ever fucking born.

But what really, truly catches me off guard, is the pained, confused look on her face, and I search her eyes, wanted to reassure her, even just non-verbally.

Tell her everything will be okay, we'll get out of here.

But she's avoiding my gaze. Why is she avoiding my gaze?

My father walks slowly to her, landing a few feet in front of her as two guards hold her tight, very fucking tight, to constrict her, but more so to make sure she doesn't collapse from the crippled state her body is in.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?"

Achille's words bring me back, my own questions ringing in my head in response.

Ask me what?

Ivy lowers her head, some hair fanning over her face as she gently shakes her head 'no'.

I notice her tense for a split second, barely enough time for me to capture it, but I do, the rage coursing through me amplifying at the sight. I grind my teeth together as she sways on her feet, fists forming violently, fingernails digging into my palms. "Let go of her." I demand, pronouncing every syllable to make it clear how fucking serious I am.

Achille slowly turns so that he can see the two of us, an amused smirk on his face that I cannot fucking wait to rip off. "But I just got started!" He exclaims, throwing his hands up in the air and lightly shaking his head.

My gaze flits over to Ivy, who has raised her head but is still looking anywhere but me, as she gnaws on her bottom lip, seeming to fall deeper and deeper into her own mind.

"Ivy," I begin, my tone low as I test the word out, seeing how she reacts, but I don't think she fully realizes anyone is speaking right now. "Ivy," I take a breath. "Ivy listen to m-"

"Is it true?" She suddenly interjects, her voice raw and unused, yet it still brings a sort of natural comfort to me, reminding me that no matter the circumstances, she is breathing, she's here.

I let her words settle in me, becoming slightly confused then completely rigid, realizing what my father might just have told her, having to use everything in me to keep my mouth closed, wary of the possibility that I would be walking right into Achille's trap. Sure enough, within only a few seconds of my silence, Achille is impatiently tapping his foot. "Come on, son! She deserves the truth, doesn't she?" He pries, now turning to face me in what I assume is some mental coaxing method to convince me to trust him again.

However I continue to remain completely silent, and eventually Achille gets bored with his little games, and sighs heavily, turning a little bit more towards Ivy now. "You might be a little confused," He begins, but I'm not listening to his words, my eyes are zoned in on Ivy, her brows furrowed and tense, she looks like she's searching for answers in her own mind, her shoulders slumping at my silence, and I would do fucking anything, to never have to see that look on her face again, so fucking disappointed.