㋡𝐭𝐞𝐧

a/n; sorry I took long again. I was ✨𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨✨ also though the book's name is 'Bokuto-san is the worst', consider this name as a secondary one 'Akaashi Keiji is always right'

 I was ✨𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨✨ also though the book's name is 'Bokuto-san is the worst', consider this name as a secondary one 'Akaashi Keiji is always right'

『𝘁𝗲𝗻』

how do you know what someone's thinking if they won't say it?

how do you know how they feel if they won't even meet your eyes?

the questions remained as shared concerns for both of you yet you were afraid of the answers.

the electric feeling from the encounter was hard to ignore, yet you both chose not to address it.

instead, in an attempt to get rid of the tension caused by the silence, once both your breaths had evened out,  bokuto tried to joke, "ah i must've been too drunk"

you could barely find the energy to laugh with him, instead you still latched onto him as your heart thumped rapidly.

your brain immediately began to connect that him admitting he wasn't sober meant that his head wasn't clear when he made the decision.

if that was the case, his feelings were misplaced and  the intensity of the feelings were one sided.

your train of thoughts made tears in your heart and reluctantly you loosened your grip on him; faked a smile though you couldn't meet his golden eyes.

"yeh we....probably shouldn't have stayed longer" or got so close.

as if he could hear the end of your statement that couldn't find its way through your lips, he stared at you silently and observed as you crawled off of him.

feeling his eyes made you feel more conscious of what happened, you drew your knees to your chest and rested the side of your head on the window

the feeling of where his lips were now made your gut tie up; you now felt uneasiness rather than happiness from the intimate moment.

"I should've just told him no huh?" 'Do you regret it?' he asked as he averted his eyes from your saddened state.

"Maybe I should have admitted I was single instead?"
'do you?' you answered his question with another.

too afraid to ask what you both really wanted to ask and too afraid to answer the questions that were said aloud; you both fell into silence again until the door was finally opened.

the mood was ruined or rather the fantasy had ended.

of course, the dear captain realised and instead of staying longer he called a cab since he didn't trust his sobriety to drive.