㋡𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

a/n: me reading the comments about wanting akaashi as a love interest now: * evil light yagami laugh*

Thanks for waiting for the update xxx

there was something about how Akashi keiji spoke, all righteous and all knowing.

it made you want to prove him wrong.

"—be sure to be respectful and cooperative at all times. she's no stranger to the seconds years and third years but im sure you juniors will get along just well with her. ya have no choice either way" the coach chortled and the team greeted you causing you to shudder.

can't believe this still ended up happening

when it finally settled down and they began their practices you sat down by the window outside and let out a long breath, glancing at some folders of jottings the past managers had left behind.

idly you began to take note of the different font styles the managers had and how each varied with how detail oriented their notes were.

it was like going back in time and for some reason you found yourself zoning out to your earlier years on the volleyball court the more you read.

at some point you had to close the folder, take a deep breath and rest your head on your knees.

this is useless.

it makes no sense.

the only reason i went to the coach in the first place was because akaashi got under my skin.

though it took some time. a few days after your encounter with akaashi you found the coach in the staff room to tell him you were interested in being the manager.

he seemed more ecstatic that you could prepare for.

you kept dreaming of akaashi telling you that you weren't capable of doing anything and each day it made your blood boil to prove him wrong.

'...but now that I'm here...' you thought feeling goosebumps on your skin as you remembered your final interaction with your teammates in middle school.

'...I'm getting all scared again.'

how can I prove anyone wrong when I can't even fool myself?

"manager " you heard a voice from the window behind you and you turned to narrow your eyes at the boy at the window.

"you came after all" the dark haired setter said and you glanced away, once again trying to open the book and analyze the notes.

"It's as you said... i needed the extracurriculars" you mumbled and he exhaled a laugh as he leaned through the window.

"and here i thought you were doing me a favor. Aren't we friends now?" he said sarcastically, leaning into his palm.

you said nothing since he and you already knew that you were both barely tolerable to each other so the silence was an answer in itself.

still, it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand on edge when he stayed at the window watching you flip through the journal.

vaguely you remembered a warm memory of speaking with the former captain by a window but it only made your heart clench.

enough of that.