Chapter 2: Who Is She Really?

Izumi Yagi's P.O.V

    Walking throughout the halls of my school, I felt triumphant; victorious; royal. All because of what happened with Kacchan in the courthouse. He took the blame — all of it. The creation of my monstrous, despicable excuse for a brother was left to be Kacchan's burden and Kacchan's burden alone.

At least in the eyes of most.

    On the outside, Shoto and I were completely innocent — I was even praised by the public for putting a stop to my brother's antics — however, to our classmates, we were devious serpents in a garden of beauty and harmony. We were ostracized and shunned by those we thought cared for us. All because of my damned brother.

He was not my brother.

He was a monster.

A cold-blooded leach — sucking the fruits of other's labors.

He had to be put down.

    As Shoto and I stepped into our classroom, all sound immediately drowned out until all that could be heard was the quiet breathing of those in the room. I slightly scowled as those around me glared with malice and hatred clouding over their eyes.

This was all his fault.

    I graciously took my seat — refusing to let their glares and misguided hatred bring down my spirits — and stared to the seat in front of me.

It was all so easy.

He wanted to pay for our 'crimes', and now he was.

Alone.

    If he truly were ever my friend, he wouldn't have tried to bring Shoto and I down along with him. He would have taken the blame and that would have been the end of it, but his selfishness got the better of him, and he spoke out against me.

Nobody speaks out against me.

    This was what he deserved — this was what he wanted.

To pay for our sins.

Or rather to pay for his sins.

"Morning." A low-sounding voice spoke from the door frame.

"Good morning, Mr. Aizawa."

"I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but over the weekend, Agony escaped from his holding facility." Mr. Aizawa explained. "I'm telling you this because, from what we've observed in the past, he might choose to target some of you. Thanks to his personal vendetta against a select few in this class." Mr. Aizawa glared at Shoto and I.

    It made my blood boil upon hearing his words.

Izuku escaped and now he could be doing who-knows-what to who-knows-who.

He was a problem.

But luckily for everyone, I solve problems.

_______________

Shoto Todoroki's P.O.V

    My heart was still beating from the other night.

The ringing in my ears from the countless guns as they fired was maddening.

The feeling of taking down guard after guard — risking my life for Izuku's plan and for his end-goal — was exciting.

The exhilaration of running through an alleyway in the middle of the night with sirens sounding throughout the city was grand.