Chapter 24: Goodbye, Izumi.

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

I don't care.

    The phrase repeated over and over and over again in my brain as if it were on a loop. I didn't care for Izumi in the slightest. Yes, she was in my memories — dating back to the day I was born — but I didn't feel any sort of attachment to her as I had for so long.

    For years, I had felt as if my life were somehow strung and sown together with hers — I had felt as if our destinies would be intertwined with one another's in this timeless dance of fate until the end of time; however, now, I felt nothing for her.

"Say something!!" She cried out as one of her maxed-out punched impacted with my abdomen and brought me out of my daze for what seemed to be the thousandth time today.

    I may have not cared for her personally; however, that didn't mean that I didn't still want her dead. She was a hero, and while I didn't need or want to enact my revenge on her anymore — I didn't need to waste my breathe on her meaningless existence for any longer than I already had — she was still a nuisance to me. Any hero with her strength still left alive would only intervene with my schemes and ruin what really mattered: the plan.

    Although I was positive she wouldn't have tried to intervene with my plans out of the nonexistent goodness of her heart, I knew she would intervene because it was me — the same person she had hated for the majority of her life, and she wasn't the type of person who would have easily let go of her grudges. I had released my hatred and let go of our childish feud; whereas she didn't — meaning I would have an easier time defeating her in the long run.

    During our last battle, I had lost because I was stuck in the past; I had lost because I was letting my want for revenge overtake my senses and flood my vision; I had lost because I was driven by my emotions — but now I had been liberated of all variables that could lead me to my demise. Izumi was still being burdened by her personal hatred for me, though, which would only cloud her mind and cause her to make basic mistakes of which I could use against her.

"Why couldn't you have just died that day on the roof? I wish you would have just died!!" She spoke, activating her quirk.

"Christ, Izumi, you've said that so many times now. Grow up, why don't you!" I retorted in annoyance — rolling my eyes.

    She annoyed me. Every breath she took; every word she uttered; just the sight of her presence annoyed me — as was true for every other hero that I had come across. They were all the same — stuck in the past and emotionally driven. That was what made heroes so easy to pick off: they were all so emotional.

    Of course, I could have been compared to those same standards even just a few moments ago, but that wasn't my point. My point was that being a hero, you had people who could be used against you; you had people who you wanted to protect; you had people who were liabilities. Whereas most villains weren't confined to those emotional hindrances because we were all we had. The villains that chose to stick together were like families and that was it. Everyone was strong enough to take care of themselves, and if they weren't, they were left behind.

    Izumi's leg rose to meet my right trapezoid muscle as she wore a look of childish rage — warranting me to raise my arm to block her, only to find that I had already maxed out my Shock Absorption quirk moments prior and leaving my arm completely unsheathed against Izumi's quirk.

    I felt my body being blasted away from my spot as dirt and ash rose upon the impact of Izumi's kick; however, I recovered quickly. No hero or villain would have let any sort of situation catch them off guard or stun them. A respectable hero or villain wouldn't just fall down because someone stronger or more terrifying than they were decided to rain on their parade — and I thought of myself as a respectable villain.