Chapter 10: He's Here.

Izumi Yagi's P.O.V

"Hello, sorry, I'm a little lost, do you know what prefecture this is?" I asked with masked anxiety.

    I had been wandering the city streets for hours — feeling a sense of familiarity as I flowed deeper and deeper through the city. I had felt as if I knew this place and didn't at the same time.

"Oh no, that's not good! Sure, I can tell you where you are, and point you in the right direction to get home." The bystander had responded. "This is the Yamanashi Prefecture — Kofu, to be more specific. Where are you trying to go, miss?"

Kofu.

"I knew I recognized this place..." I muttered. "Thank you, sir! You've been an incredible help!" I spoke bowing and running off — hearing the man's protests and words fall silent behind me as I blazed the streets.

    The path seemed more and more familiar as I finally had a destination in my heart. My mind was clear, but my pain continued to grow — eating away at me, slowly, as I sped as fast as I could without using my quirk. I gazed upon building after building, remembering the address I had been given my first time coming here, and finally saw the broken-down, rusted apartment building I had been looking for.

    Quickly, I knocked on the door and was greeted by a short man in a wheelchair.

"Good afternoon, sir!" I spoke. "I need your help!"

_______________

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

"This one. This woman doesn't deserve to see the new world." Hado's voice spoke.

"Then shall we commence with her?"

"Yes."

    I laughed as our conversation continued. Hado spoke with a voice completely void of emotion; character; life — which left me a laughing mess. It was hilarious, seeing someone so void of human feeling. I had no idea how she had even gotten to be this way.

She was a mystery, this one.

    I stood up abruptly, grabbed my hoodie, and instructed her to follow me. It was decided: she was the perfect choice for my personal mission. The last thing she needed was to look the part, and I wanted to get on with my crusade as soon as possible. As I had already taken enough time trying to find my partner, I had already prepared her support gear.

    Following me into another room, I turned on the blue LED lights and instructed her to choose from the weapons and costumes I had made. I had quite a bit of time on my hands as I was looking for my accomplice, so spending a few days learning to make proper costumes wasn't exactly reaching extremely far out of the list of things I would do. Besides, it was fun and will probably be a good skill to have in the future.

    She walked up to the mannequins with an expressionless face — seeming interested in each design I had made; meanwhile, I stood leaning against the wall, waiting. An outfit that seemed to catch her eye the most was a black skin-tight dress with slits down the sides for mobility and a gothic vampire collar — accompanied by a black sash belt, which sectioned the outfit perfectly.

    As I was looking for a judge, I wanted to create a costume that stayed true to the style of outfit a judge would wear; however, it wasn't exactly easy to run around in a loose gown — it could get caught on stuff and it wasn't as aerodynamic as a cape — so a more form-fitting outfit was a better option. Of course, that would also make it hard to run in, unless it was loose in the joints and had pre-cut slits in all the right places. I also used a stretchy material to create the outfit, so running and mobility shouldn't have been an issue.