Chapter 6: What's Happening To Me?

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

"Izuku?"

    As my mother's words travelled and echoed throughout the halls of the prison, I felt my eyes fall into slits and my expression warped into a scowl. I suppressed my displeasure and turned to face my mother — inwardly cringing as I felt her eyes wander across my figure.

    I felt silly in my outfit as she took in my appearance. I felt silly standing in front of her at this moment. I felt silly with every action I took in her presence — even solely the act of breathing made me want to shrivel and die in my place.

"Is that really you?"

    I knew she would be here, yet I still had hoped I wouldn't see her. I remembered how I had felt as my eyes scanned across her name on the patrol list; however, I didn't understand my feelings. I didn't understand much lately. I felt as if I were a stranger in my own mind or a foreigner to my own body. I didn't know who I was, I didn't even know how I felt.

    Thoughts constantly surfaced in my mind. Thoughts that I wasn't thinking. Thoughts that weren't even in my own voice. There were voices that would randomly speak. I couldn't differentiate my thoughts from the thoughts that would appear from nothing, nor could I tell whether or not my thoughts were even my own.

    I sighed, trying to stop my mind from imploding in on itself, and began to speak.

"Yeah... I had a feeling I'd be bumping into you tonight..."

    I subtly glanced back at Toga before tapping her lightly and instructing her to leave. Then, I turned to meet my mother's unwavering and sharp gaze with a snarl — ready for a fight to sprout at any moment.

"Speak of the devil..." Gran Tornio's voice boomed out from behind a corner.

"I didn't realize you both spoke of me... How pleasant." I retorted with a lopsided and twisted grin.

"Of course I do! You're my son!" My mother cried out.

"Am I? Have you ever once cared about what happened to me?" I spoke, lunging forwards and making the battle-initiating move.

    Activating Endeavour's flames, I expelled the fire from both of my hands — aimed towards both Gran Torino and my mother. Dodging swiftly, my mother recovered quickly and activated her quirk with haste.

    I needed to keep the two pro heroes standing in front of me busy. For Toga, Dabi, Mr. Compress, Spinner, The Doctor, but most of all for Kurogiri. If I could hold them off for long enough that Toga could free Kurogiri, then the others could warp me away from whatever battle were to erupt.

That was the plan.

"When was the last time you ever asked me how I was feeling?! When was the last time you actually made an effort with me?!" I cried out, saying whatever thoughts came into the forefront of my mind as we fought. "When was the last time you ever actually noticed me before I became a problem? Before I made you notice me!" My voice sounded before I felt a sharp kick strike me in my liver.

"Funny thing about the liver, kiddo. If you hit it just right, you'll get the Vegas Nerve which tentacles up throughout the rest of your body. Your brain short circuits, your body shuts down, and you feel terror." Gran Torino spoke out.

He was right.

    I remembered learning that lesson from Tomura during one of our training sessions. He figured it would be best I learned from experience, so he showed me how it felt. I felt a grin creep onto my face as I remembered the moment. The terror I felt was overwhelmingly magnificent; beautifully sumptuous; utterly calming.