Chapter 15: The Bag.

Izumi Yagi's P.O.V

"So, kid. What'll it be?"

My heart was pounding as I stood before Banjo. Although I still resented the idea of dying, he and the others were right about one thing during their speech: Izuku was much weaker than All For One was.

All For One was over a hundred and fifty years old, meaning he has had over a century to accumulate quirks and build his armies; whereas my brother had only just received All For One's quirk recently, and over the time that he has possessed the quirk, he has mostly been incarcerated.

He was still weak.

He only had five quirks, from what we knew of him during our last encounter. The said quirks being his original three, his Electric Whips, or whatever he called it; his Ghost-like quirk; his Strength Absorption quirk, and his newer ones: All For One, as well as Endeavor's quirk. I didn't know the exact names for them, but from what I had witnessed, those seemed to be fitting names.

Compared to an ordinary quirk user, five quirks would seem abnormal and incredibly strong; however, if compared to All For One's previously accumulated quirk bank, you would see how much weaker my brother was.

I had no doubt about the idea that he was currently out there — waiting and gaining experience and quirks before his next attack. It was obvious. I could always hear my teachers and other pro heroes talking about my brother — wondering where he was and what he was doing. He had been completely off the grid since his escape; however, they've been heavily suspecting that he was somehow linked with the recent bludgeonings.

I believed that he was planning something. Something big. One doesn't simply break out of prison and drop off the face of the earth for as long as he had been. I understood the concept of laying low; however, this felt different. The eerie atmosphere; the lingering presence among the whole of U.A; the way something felt off — he was planning something. Something big.

I had accepted the words the predecessors had spoken to me earlier on — I knew I was dying. It was obvious. The cracks that had appeared along my chest — making their way towards my abdomen and shoulders — weren't going anywhere, and it was apparent that I didn't have much time. I could feel myself growing weaker and weaker by the day. I could feel the cracks expanding. I could feel myself slowly fading. The question was whether or not I was going to use what little time I had left to take out my brother or to sulk.

If it weren't for him, so much would have gone differently. If it weren't for him, I might have not been dying right now. Perhaps I would have had more time if I hadn't been wasting my quirk trying to battle him. Perhaps I would have had more time to live if it weren't for him.

I wanted to kill him.

"Well, we don't want you to kill him." Shimura spoke, standing to her feet from her place among the others and walking towards me. "If you were to kill him, you would be another murderer. We can hear your thoughts; we can sense your feelings; we can read you like a book — because we're inside of the quirk that runs throughout your veins." She continued. "It runs through your blood; your bones; your heart — we're linked forever, and don't forget it."

"Don't think that being a hero you have a license to murder others. Your brother may be a villain, but that doesn't mean you have any right to kill him. Your job is to end All For One's reign of terror, and right now, your brother has a quirk similar to my brother's." The first spoke.

Similar?

"I can feel it in my bones, your brother's new quirk is a copy. My brother still has the original. This makes it harder for you; however, after defeating your brother, you can move onto mine." He continued. "You agreed to take on this power; this responsibility — knowing of the task this power was burdened with. You agreed to save the world from the evil that is my brother and his power, meaning you now not only have to deal with my brother but yours as well."