Chapter 25: To The Little Things.

Izuku Yagi's P.O.V

    Life. Often people take their lives for granted. It's not uncommon or anything, it's normal not to think about the little things in life when you're used to them. Whether it's good food; a warm place to live; clothes; or even clean, running water — a lot of people don't realize what they have until it's too late.

Life.

Often people take their lives for granted — I did.

    Izumi was gone. Her death was agonizing, but not by my hands. I didn't lift a finger, I didn't even flinch — and that was how it was supposed to be. She didn't deserve my time, nor did she deserve my attention — and that was how her death was destined to play out. Everything was as it should be. In perfect array.

    I felt a slight giggle erupt in my throat as I looked about — burning my throat with a sense of maddening glee. I adored the feeling though. The burning, I mean. My raging, fiery laughter sizzled and hitched my breathing; however, it didn't hurt. It felt as if I were even more alive than I had been at the start of our battle. Not because of Izumi's death, but because of death in general.

    It was all so surreal, watching as another living, breathing human being has their light snuffed out before my eyes; watching another thinking human being's world ends; watching as their time runs out. Time was another thing people often took for granted.

I've got time, people say.

What are five minutes more, they ask.

    No one has time; time is always running out. One minute you'll think you have an extra five minutes to spend lounging around on your phone, and the next you'll be in a hospital bed, wishing you had spent those last moments with your family. Everyone overestimates the amount of fixed time their clock still has left — I do, too — but time is the one thing you can never get back, and I find it wonderful to watch as that realization dawns upon people in their final moments.

    The looks people wear; the thoughts that cross their minds; the fear in their eyes as they understand that their time is up — I love it all. It fills my soul with a sense of pleasurable ecstasy, one that just can't be replicated. I love watching as people take their final views of the world — knowing they'll never see those closest to them ever again. It's a feeling that gives me a sense of release; it's a feeling that gives me a sort of high.

    The world was broken. It's been broken on the inside from the beginning, but now it was truly broken — inside and out. My giggles raged on as the fighting continued around me — the paranormal liberation front already having erupted from the forest during my battle with Izumi, and the heroes attempting to stop us; attempting to stop me.

    They could try all they wanted; however, no one would be able to reach me. I was in the center of the ring of fire, and yet, due to the number of villains here and the lack of heroes, the only people that would have been able to come within ten feet of me would have been another villain.

    I turned my back on the raging wars, watching as heroes tried and failed to attack me, and walked back towards where Hado had been standing. Killing with her, we had grown somewhat close. We weren't close enough that it was worth mentioning; however, we were close. She didn't speak — not when it was unnecessary — and neither did I. It was a sort of friendship that formed through actions and silence — complete silence, and that was all that we had needed.

Silence.

It was perfect.

    As I reached Hado's location, I pointed out to a mountain of rubble, taller than any other and overlooking the city. It seemed like a wonderful place to take in the scenery of everything burning and dying in the distance; it seemed like a wonderful place to take in the vision of all those that screamed as my armies destroyed the city in the background; it seemed like a wonderful place to take in the view of everything I've ever known to hurt me as it crumbled to ash.