Chapter 19: Wait.

Shota Aizawa's P.O.V

Heroes. Not all of us were good, but not all of us were bad either. I wasn't ashamed to admit the fact that there was quite a lot that occurred behind the scenes with the heroes. Some heroes partook in less than lawful activities during their free time; some heroes were less heroic than they had led the public to believe them to be — there would always be greedy and unheroic people out there, and it was just unfortunate that some of those people had ended up in our line of work. However, that did not mean that people such as Agony could parade around spouting their philosophical and false-humanitarian crap as if they were some sort of special breed of God.

They weren't Gods, they were sick.

After the reveal of All Might's familial issues, the public had lost a lot of their trust in the heroes; nevertheless, with time, people tend to forget. It took months, but after working all of our asses off, we had broken even — with our public approval rates starting to level out again.

While there were some heroes out there that chose to use their authority to bring others down, it didn't mean that the entirety of our hero society needed to be weeded out and dismantled by villains with Godly complexes.

Yagi Izuku had a mentally unstable mind that could go off at any point. All it could take would be one wrong step — even one made by one of his comrades — and he would snap. That was why he thought that ending our hero society or causing some sort of villainous uprise would be beneficial to humankind — because he needed psychological help.

"Could we have ice cream?" I heard a small voice sound as my thoughts raged on.

Eri was one of the sweetest little girls I had ever met, and Agony was a threat to her future. People like him would always surface, but he was truly a large inconvenience.

"Sure," I replied, standing to my feet swiftly as I dropped the doll I had been holding. "I'll be right back."

He was still on the loose, and all my hero companions could talk about was what he was doing and where he would attack next. We had all known that he would be doing something big; however, it wasn't obvious just what he had planned quite yet. He may have been completely out of his mind, but he was cautious. Although, despite his cautiousness and brilliance, he was still a child.

It was my understanding that he was now the new leader of the Paranormal Liberation Front, and while Shigaraki may have been childish while he was still alive, he was still an adult. What we were dealing with now was an actual child with parental issues who would make mistakes.

It was only a matter of time.

"Eri, were you in here with someone?" A foreign voice spoke from inside the room Eri and I had been playing dolls in.

The voice was filled with rotten honey and it spoke in a sickening tone; however, I felt almost as if I had heard it before.

"Yeah!" Eri giggled in response.

"Who?" The voice spoke once more.

Regardless of whoever it was in the room, no one was supposed to be there.

No one.

Dropping the ice cream I had gotten for Eri and I, I kicked open the door — double-checking to make sure I had my capture weapon around my neck in case things were to get ugly. To my shock, a tuff of green hair caught my eye as I scanned the room for intruders.

"Me." I spoke, activating my quirk and launching my capture weapon to restrain the villain before me.

This was the mistake I had been waiting for.