Chapter 20: warm destruction

Mindless trance, a trance, trance. She was in a trance, staring at the clock as she could hear the ticking in her ears , auditory hallucinations of a clock ticking as the clock on her night stand changed by mere seconds. Y/n, laying deep in thought into the dark as she stared at the clock and felt her own mind start to count with the clock by the seconds that passed.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five....Two a.m

Two in the morning what the hell was going on with her mind, sleep is what she wanted, sleep is what she needed, to drain these damned thoughts about her past, not even the sleeping pills by her bedside could shut her awakened mind. The universe, maybe it was playing its damned games with her head, maybe it was giving her hints, she couldn't figure it out.

This wasn't how her life was supposed to be, it wasn't how everything was supposed to turn out. A psychotic ass-wipe constantly in her physical view, constantly watching her, it felt like a shadow of a nightmare and maybe it was.

The constant ringing in her ears as she felt like everything she said was being echoed out of her ears, the ringing of the phone.

Yes that, the ring—

Ring!! Ring!!

"Hello? Y/n L/n speaking." Her voice calling out into the phone as she waited for the voice in the other line to speak.

"Yes, good to hear, your speaking to inspector English, um I just wanted to call and inform you that you are requested in court on April the twenty-third." He spoke groggily into the phone, her own mind distant. "I'm sorry?" She speaks into the phone, wanting the clarification.

"We seem to need to do some proper questioning, your requested in court, you'll will be held accountable if you do not show, have a nice night Misses L/n." He speaks getting ready to hang up the phone.

"Why?" Her quiet and horse voice questions. "It's just my job Miss L/n, I'm sorry to do this," he speaks, although an entire story was said otherwise in his words.

"Fine, lose my number after, I don't need you calling it." She scoffs regaining her thoughts at the last second before hanging up and slamming her phone down almost completely shattering it.

But here she lay, two days later and just three days before her day in court, and all for what, some pathetic wannabe billionaire. What a complete jokes.

Though he was a billionaire wasn't he? So maybe just a wannabe successor, a nagging bitchy wannabe ass—.

"Enough!" She yelled sitting up in bed, yelling at her own thoughts to quieten down. Her house being dark completely shut off from the outside world as the binds were closed and curtains pulled, the soft padding of her bare feet hitting the ground as she made her way to the kitchen for a glass of water.

The dripping of the faucet could be heard as she shut it off, she remembered it's familiar sound, water running in the kitchen the sound of the shower dripping the last bits of water as she began to get dressed to head out for dinner her mother prepared.

Y/n!

Y/n!...

"Y/n?! Hurry up before dinner gets cold." Her mother called as she ran down the small set of stairs in her home. Her mother working hard most of her life to be able to afford the nice home they did have. "I'm here, sorry, just got out of the shower." She spoke. A week more until her birthday, her sixteenth birthday.

"I made you favorite, chicken Alfredo pasta!" Her mother exclaimed happily, a faint bruise evident around her neck.

"Thanks, though you don't have to, I was planning on going to bed early anyway." Y/n spoke as she looked at her mother who was setting the table. "Nonsense, this is your birthday month, and I want to do this for you." She spoke shushing her away.