twenty-six >>> bunker term

"Aden," Lexa speaks up after a moment

"Aden," Lexa speaks up after a moment. The young boy tears his eyes from mine and glances over his shoulder. Once his eyes land on Lexa's he stands up quickly, facing the commander. He bows a bit looking to Lexa. "Gia is waiting for you." Aden nods slowly and glances towards me. I give him a small smile and a swift head nod receiving one back before he heads to the door. He passes Lexa on his way out, but once he's gone Lexa and I's eyes meet. 

"He told me what happened to the other night-bloods," I state, biting my bottom lip. Lexa nods dropping her hands from in front of her. Slowly she makes her way towards me. Upon arriving to me she slowly sits down where Aden was. Her eyes scan over me and I knew she was worried. "I'm okay Lexa-" 

"You may seem fine Y/N, but I know you're not," Lexa spoke, cutting me off. I tilt my head at the girl. "That wasn't just out of nowhere. You're not sleeping. I haven't even seen you eat." 

"Things are hectic right now-" 

"Maybe but your health is also important," she cuts me off again and I nod slowly, dropping my head. A silence takes over us as a voice rings through my head. I close my eyes sinking my teeth into my lip before feeling a hand grab a hold of mine. "What's going on?" 

"Nothing-" I lie, pausing and picking up my head, opening my eyes. Our eyes meet once more and I give her a reassuring smile. "Everything's fine. Whatever Abby gave me seemed to help-"

"Abby didn't give you anything Y/N." Her answer was simple and stern, but at her words I knew I messed up. Slowly, I nod and sit up in my position shaking my head. 

"Your right okay? Something's not right...I can't sleep so I haven't tried because when I do all I get our images, dreams of you died, me killing you, you killing me, these weird fire rooms, weird messages. Something's off Lexa and I know it has to do with this chip in the back of my neck," I explain, reaching up my hand and rubbing my fingers gently yet swiftly over the bump on my neck. "I wasn't suppose to come back. It's not even humanly possible-" 

"But yet here you are." I nod at Lexa's words rolling my eyes a bit. 

"But we both know this shouldn't be happening. It's crazy!" I pause a second looking back at the girl. Lexa stayed still, her eyes soft. Her face at bay. "Raven created this code when we were in the City of Light. A.L.I.E couldn't destroy it to stop Raven so because of that A.L.I.E put in defects, things that could possibly kill me if I didn't do what I needed." 

Silence surrounds us a moment. Neither one of us saying anything for what seems forever. But our eyes somehow managed to stay locked. And as soon as I see Lexa's lips separate I feel some relief lift off of my shoulders. "What kinds of things do you need to do?" Lexa quesitons as I watch her eyes flick back and forth between mine. 

"I had to talk to somebody about what's happening. I have to make sure I'm taking caring of myself..." I let my voice trail and Lexa slowly nods.