Chapter 40

Luke's POV

I was walking home from Michael's place with headphones in my ears. I haven't done that in months. It was really relieving to listen to music again. I haven't heard my favorite songs in a really long time, and I admit, I did skip through a lot of them on shuffle. They were bringing me memories, and I didn't want that at the moment.

It was really interesting at Michael's place today. I came there a bit too late since I, idiot, decided to walk, so when I came inside his house and walked into his room, he was already calm. Well, at least calmer.

He told me that he's getting better but he still has some days when it happens and everything hits him at once. I asked if Lisa helps him with it and he said he never tells her when it's happening. That we spent an hour talking about and concluded that he would tell her the next time it happens.

I told him that if she's been making him happier and if he started getting better since she was with him again, it must mean that she could help him while it was happening as well. I guess that convinced him and he agreed.

He also cried a bit, trying to hide himself so he turned away from me. I just sat on the chair by his table where he had his computer on and stared at him sitting on his bed on the other side of the room. I didn't know what to do so I decided to let him get it all out because I knew that's what I needed anytime I'm in a situation like that.

When he finally got better we started randomly talking and he started teasing me about Lay. I thought I could just wave it off, but I ended up telling him everything that was bothering me. It just kept streaming out of my mouth and Michael listened and nodded.

In the end, he was helping me instead of the other way around.

He told me he hasn't seen me this happy in forever, and he said he wasn't even sure if I was that happy with Kelly. He knew I was happy over the edge with her, but apparently what I was feeling now looked so much more than happiness.

He said it looked like love.

And that confused me a lot. That scared me. I then changed the subject because more talking about my feelings would've probably made me faint, so we ended up playing his Play Station.

When Michael became tired of losing constantly he stood up and stormed into the bathroom. For a second I thought he was angry at me, but then I heard him calling my name so I stood up and knocked on the bathroom door.

He opened, letting me inside just to show me numerous hair products sprawled in the sink.

"What are you doing?" I questioned, my first idea being that he was going to take a shower. Then I questioned why the hell I was here.

"I bought this yesterday." Michael showed me two black tubes with different shades of blue lines around it. "Which one do you like more?"

I took the tubes from him and examined them.

"Are these hair dyes?" I asked, smiling widely. Michael nodded and an excited smile appeared on his face. "Oh my God!"

Michael hasn't dyed his hair in forever. His once red hair was now washed out and grown really long. He would always say that he dyes his hair whenever something made an impact on him. I concluded Lisa made an impact on him this time.

"That's amazing!" I almost yelled, staring at the hair dyes in my hands. "I'd say this one." I handed him the blue hair dye that gave out purple shades.

"Awesome! It's gonna give out the galaxy look." Michael yelled excitedly and I couldn't help but smile at the sight of him. He hasn't been like this in forever.