Chapter 5

"Wake up!" I felt someone's arms pressing me into the bed. I shifted in the direction the voice came from and peeked through my sleepy eyelids.

"Luke?" I asked confused, trying to put the pieces together.

"It's half past noon." he said laughing as he left my arms alone and stood proudly next to my bed.

"So?" I mumbled rubbing my eyes and streching in bed.

He didn't say anything for a couple of seconds until I stopped streching and looked at him. He then shook his head in a way someone would when they got distracted and then smiled again.

"You can't sleep through the whole day, Lay." he laughed leaning his right palm on my bedroom wall.

Did he just give me a nickname. And it just so being the exact one Calum calls me?

"Seriously? Lay?" I asked sitting up in my bed. "You like giving people nicknames, Lucas?"

He looked at me and opened his eyes widely. "Lucas isn't even a nickname." he defended himself as if he was going to make me stop calling him that.

"For me it is, Lucas." I got out of my bed firstly hanging both my legs down from the edge.

"Stop." he ordered serious which made me stutter a bit and look at him confused.

"Then don't call me Lay. You still don't have the right to call me that." I said acting stubborn and mentally cursing myself for that.

"I don't have the right?" he mocked me, smirking. God, he's so mood swingy.
"And how does one exactly gain the right to give you a nickname?"

I stood up and went straight to the bathroom closing the door into his face. When I finished washing my teeth and brushing my hair I got out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen, passing by Luke who was still standing in front of the bathroom where I had left him. He then followed me to the kitchen and sat by the kitchen bar.

"Ugh" I grumbled realizing he's not going to give up. "Well I don't trust people who I know nothing about, for starters." I said giving up.

"Not even those who you share an apartment with?" he smirked, again. I frowned at the sight of him smirking and realized it was starting to annoy me.

"Funny." I mocked him with an annoyed expression. "No, you're just my roomate. That doesn't give you the right to do anything." I stated taking out milk and cereal that I had bought in the mall yesterday.

"Then get to know me." he suggested this time smiling, as if he got the hint about smirking.

"I will. By time." I said pouring milk in a bowl followed by cereal.

"Time is slow. Get to know me now." he protested childishly crossing his arms on his chest.

"I can't get to know you in just one day." I withstood taking a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"20 q's?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows up and down, probably thinking he's the smartest motherfucker on Earth.

"No." I frowned rolling my eyes. "That's stupid and forced. I don't like learning facts about people. I like to get to know them naturally. I like to find out that you are a smoking addict by time, that you pierced your lip I don't know how long ago, that you have five sisters and six brothers or what so ever and I want to find that out accidentally when all your relatives come to visit." I said proudly smiling at my statement.

He didn't say anything again, taking out a cigarette and lighting it up. I guess I just reminded him that he hasn't had his morning smoke yet.

"A year." he then said turning his head away from me and blowing out the smoke. I blushed realizing he probably did that because I had already told him more than a few times that I hated the smell.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I pierced my lip a year ago." he smiled, his frozen eyes looking at me.

"Oh." was all I said, not knowing what else. I continued eating my breakfast and kept quiet.

"Do you have any plans for today?" he asked resting his head on his palm, the expression on his face telling me he was unamused.

"Nope, I'm staying home." I said smiling slightly.

"Right." he muttered more to himself.

It was a five minute silence, neither of us saying anything. The only noise that was heard was me chewing on the cereal and him blowing out the smoke from his mouth. It got awkward quickly since he kept staring at me eating which made me blush.

Just when I was about to tell him to stop staring at me he stood up and went to put his shoes on. "I'm going out." he let me know and he quickly left the flat.

I shrugged wondering what on Earth could he be doing out every day for a couple of hours. Did he have a child? Did he go to work? What was he doing?

You don't know because you didn't want to play 20 stupid questions.

I shook my head at my annoying conscience.

When I finished my breakfast I sat on the couch in the living room turning on the TV. I got stuck watching some lame series that was on the whole day and before I knew it someone rang the bell.

I quickly stood up brushing the left pieces of chips off of myself and jogged over to the door. I opened them to reveal Calum carrying a bag full of chips and unhealthy snacks.

"Shit, is it nine already?!" I asked confused, looking back at the wall clock.

"Um, yeah." Calum laughed as I stepped aside to let him in. "Lay, did you stay in your pj's the whole day?!"

I slapped my forehead. "God, I forgot to change!" I squealed embarrassed, locking the door behind Calum.

"Well, get dressed now because we're going to the movies." he suddenly ordered throwing the bag with the snacks on the kitchen counter.

"What do you mean? I thought we were having a movie night." I protested frowning.

"We are. At the movies." he said smirking.

Seriously?

"But what are we going to do with all these snacks then?" I asked pointing to various chipps and gummy bears.

"We can take them with us. Or just leave it here so you can actually eat something when you feel like it." he suggested waving his arms like he didn't care about the snacks. He probably didn't.

"Well okay..." I trailed off. "Um just sit somewhere until I get ready okay?" I asked jogging to my bedroom.

I quickly got out of my cotton shorts and band shirt that I used as my pyjamas and put on black jeans and a tight black shirt. I let my dirty-blonde straight long hair fall down below my chest and break the blackness from my outfit.

I then jogged to the bathroom quickly waving at Calum on my way there. I put some foundation to cover the horrible bags under my eyes. I had to do some research on how to get rid of those. Then I put on some mascara and eyeliner just to pop my hazel-brown eyes a bit.

When I was finally done I realized I hadn't put on make up in a really long time. Looking myself in the mirror I concluded I didn't look half as bad as I did before Calum came to pick me up. I smiled at myself shooting finger bullets from the guns I made out of my hands and then laughed at my own self.

"I'm such an idiot." I was still laughing when I came out of the bathroom.

"Wh-" Calum started but then started choking on some fries he had probably opened when I went to get ready. "Jesus, Lay I didn't recognize you. You almost look hot." he joked winking at me playfully.

"Ha-ha." I mocked him as I took my keys. "So are we going or what?" I asked hurrying Calum through the door.

"Yeah, yeah." he mumbled as he went to his car and I locked the door behind us.