Chapter 14

I put the last plate on the table and curved the napkin on my own weird way. Then I took two steps back and looked at the table.

It had three decorative plates with black and red napkins on them, some red flowers between all the plates. I smiled.

"Luke!" I yelled, calling for Luke that was in his room. He didn't answer for a minute.

"What?" I heard a muffled answer.

"Come here!" I yelled again.

The door to his room opened a few seconds later and he walked out rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"You were sleeping until now? It's two o'clock." I stated.

"Yeah well if someone hadn't made me watch High School Musical 1, 2 and 3 with them all fucking night maybe I'd get enough sleep now wouldn't I. And I woke up at 7 I just went back to sleep when I cam back." Luke frowned and then yawned.

"Troy Bolton is a captain of his basketball team and a lead role in their school musical as well as being an awesome guy so maybe you should take notes, Hemmings." I said matter-of-factly and pointed my finger at Luke. I concluded he went out again like he does every morning so I didn't question him about that.

"How do you know my last name?" Luke asked, bringing his eyes from the table I made back to my face.

I shifted in spot and my cheeks burned again. "Ca- Calum told me once." I lied, avoiding his look.

"I wouldn't believe you even if I didn't know that Calum's never talked to you about me because you're a really bad liar, Layla." Luke said sternly.

Layla? Uh-uh.

"Did you go through my stuff?" Luke asked, looking at the kitchen drawers where he had his documents. I knew that because yeah, I did go through his stuff. But only because I wanted to find napkins and who on Earth keeps their documents in a kitchen drawer?! When I opened the one with the papers I couldn't help but peek, I mean, wouldn't you?

"I was just trying to fin-" I started but he interrupted me, scoffing.

"I don't snoop through your personal shit." Luke laughed like he couldn't believe me and then went to the bathroom.

"I'm going to pick my mum up from the hospital in 30 minutes." I yelled after him but he just waved me off.

If he leaves a bad impression he better go out once my mum leaves, otherwise I'll break something of his.

I went to my room to take my pj's off and put on clothes. Just when I was done combing my hair I heard the door bell ring. I ran across the apartment and opened the door to reveal my mum standing outside.

"Mum? I was just about to go pick you up, why did you come all by yourself?" I asked, letting her in the apartment and closing the door behind her.

"I met an old friend that was discharged at the same time as I was and he offered to give me a ride." she explained, walking around the living room and picking up every other thing that came her way and then examined it.

Here comes the inspection.

"Oh." I whispered. An old friend, huh? "Anyway, sit. Dinner should arrive any minute. But we're having pizza 'cause well... We have nothing in our kitchen currently." I blushed and motioned her to the table. She smiled looking at the napkins I did. She probably remembered I always used to do that whenever we'd have guests over.

I poured some juice in a glass and went to hand it to her.

"Where's your roommate?" she asked and just then the bathroom door opened, Luke coming out completely naked with just a towel around his waist. I almost dropped the glass of juice on the floor and my mum's shocked face probably resembled mine.