Chapter 42

Layla's POV

/A week later/

I woke up but kept my eyes closed for a bit. My muscles were extremely sore because Calum had made me go to paintball with him every day for the past five days. He just didn't seem to get enough of it, and when he told me he felt like I've been ignoring him, I had to give in.

What I didn't realize was that paintball was freaking exhausting. You had to have a lot of energy to be able to play it properly.

I tried to move my arm so I could uncover the blanket from myself but as soon as I flinched it, I gave up.

Then I decided that a much easier task for me right now would be just opening my eyes so I did that. I looked around and saw literally nothing as I realized there was something like a warm radiating wall in front of my face.

Then something moved on my lower back as Luke pushed me closer into his chest and hugged me around my shoulders, mumbling something in his sleep.

I tried to turn my head and look over the blankets just to realize I was in Luke's room again. Then I remembered I came home late yesterday and crawled into Luke's bed, just like I seemed to be doing every night since I've first done it.

Looking back up at Luke, I examined his face. He was calm and peaceful and had his mouth slightly opened as he was breathing softly. I couldn't see much more since it was dark in his room and since he was literally pressing me onto him as if I was going to disappear or something.

Instead of squirming out of his grip and going to get something to eat, I put my face back to Luke's chest and closed my eyes. I liked my mornings lately. I liked how every single day I'd wake up before Luke and realize he was always holding me close to him, like he was doing now.

And every time I'd wake up and move, he would just automatically press me harder to him, as if he knew I was debating on getting out of bed.

I took a deep breath and inhaled the smell of deodorant and cologne. Luke smelled amazing and I'd choose smelling him over a full plate of pancakes any day.

I could get used to sleeping like this. Not only that I wasn't cold, but also I just loved being close to Luke. And it just so being the shirtless and sleepy Luke. And I got to look at him every morning.

I pressed a gentle kiss on his chest where my face was and smiled, trying to squirm even closer to him but I couldn't because we were already as close as it got.

"Morning, intruder." Luke's sleepy voice made me look up at him and blush, realizing he's probably felt the kiss that I placed onto his chest.

"Hi." I smiled innocently, thankful the room was dark enough for Luke not to see me blushing. "Sorry, I wasn't even aware I was crawling into your bed again." I said a lame excuse and Luke chuckled.

"I don't mind." He smiled. "In fact, I hadn't been able to sleep properly until you've first come and slept with me."

I tried to hold in a laugh and Luke's smile was replaced by a confused expression.

"That came out wrong." He shook his head and I laughed, now deciding it was time to get out of bed. Luke automatically hardened his arms around me and shoved his face in the crook of my neck.

"Luke, let me go." I laughed as I tried to push his chest in order to free myself.

"Just a bit longer." Luke mumbled into my neck and I let out a deep sigh.