Chapter 20

Chapters just seem to become longer and longer and I don't know why so I have to always cut them in half so it isn't too long:')

Anyway comment your thoughts, all of them! Just throw them all in lol

__

I walked up to my mum after we took the failed picture.

"Mum, that was the first time I'm being in the album and it turns out a failure! Can't we redo the photo? I don't want to be old and look back at the traditional album and look like someone's smacked me in the face." I whined and my mum giggled.

"Oh?" she asked, smiling so her eyes got little wrinkles on their corners.

"Why does everyone keep taking my words out of context?" I whined again and made my mum laugh. "I'm not going to grow old with Luke, mum." I moaned frustratedly.

"LEWI!" I heard Chloe scream and we all looked in the direction her voice came from.

Luke was laying on the floor and holding his head with his hand and Chloe was sitting on his stomach.

The room went quiet as everyone was confused.

"I jumped on Lewk and we fell." Chloe shrugged innocently and the whole room bursted in laughter.

Luke stood up putting Chloe on his back and then walked up to my mum and me.

"Do you have ice?" he asked, holding his head.

I laughed in sympathy. "See, you really do always need ice." I joked, making a remark about that time when he fell and hurt his leg.

"Come with me, Luke." my mum said and Luke walked behind her. I followed as well, not really being interested in other couples taking pictures.

Luke sat on the kitchen stool as my mum went to the fridge and took out some ice in a bag. Then she walked over to put it on Luke's head. Chloe got bored and ran off to play with her stuffed animals.

"So, Harry called." My mum started and looked behind her shoulder at me.

My heart started beating a tad faster as I rubbed my palms together. "Why?" I then asked.

"He asked if you were coming home for Christmas." My mum explained, Luke wincing when my mum pressed too hard on his painful spot. Or at least I wanted to believe that was the reason.

"He said he might stop by tomorrow to wish us a merry Christmas." She then added.

"What?!" I gazed at her direction. "Did you tell him I don't want to see him?" I asked annoyed. "Does he know Luke's here?"

"I didn't. And I don't think he does." My mum shrugged apologetically.

"I'm going to call him and tell him not to come." I said frustratedly, taking the house phone and searching for Harry's name in the contacts. When I found it I pressed call.

"Hey." I said when Harry finally picked up after a few rings.

"Layla!?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah, um... Look. Don't come by tomorrow. You can't just invite yourself into my home. We're not even together anymore and I don't want to see you." I blabbered quickly, wanting to end the phone call as fast as I could.

"But I just wanted to be-" Harry started but I honestly didn't feel like talking to him so I hung up.

"Sorry baby, I didn't know you despised him so much. Otherwise I would've told him not to come." My mum gave me an apologetic look and I waved her off.