Chapter 9

"Luke?" I looked at the blue eyed boy standing in front of me with a confused look on his face. He looked lost.

"The fuck are you doing here?" Luke raised his voice. His eyes were jumping from me to the guy still laying on the floor who was now probably unconscious, and then to the three guys standing next to me.

"Wait, wait, wait... How do you know each other?" Calum interrupted, walking closer to Luke and I and waving his hands in a I'm-trying-to-understand-what's-going-on gesture.

"Shut up Hood." Luke snapped glaring at Cal, and I couldn't help but make a disgusted face. So by 'shit' Luke meant doing drugs and beating people to the point of fainting because they didn't pay on time. And that's why he was always out? On top of it all, he was a smoking addict.

I stood up from the chair Michael had sat me in and walked up to Cal.

"Can I spend the night at yours?" I asked quietly but I was still sure everyone could hear me. The noise from the radio was too quiet to cover my voice. I felt Luke's gaze on my back but I tried to ignore it. I sensed his anger by the silence he was giving out.

Calum was quiet for a bit, probably evaluating if he should say yes or turn me down. He quickly looked at Ashton and Michael, avoiding Luke on purpose, and then finally looked at me. Then he quickly nodded.

"Sure." he said and held my upper arm ready to leave.

"Wait, wait." I heard Luke jogging towards us and I turned around to face him.

"First" he started, looking at Michael. "Why the fuck did you meet him here, you could've known someone would walk by." he asked in a strict tone that gave me shivers. "And second," Luke continued turning to me, "come on, you can come home." he let me know, his voice becoming gentler and quiet.

I switched in spot and crossed my arms on my chest, purposely looking straight behind Luke. He probably realized I wasn't going to talk to him so he walked closer.

"Lay..." Luke pleaded and I noticed the guilt in his voice. Maybe it wasn't guilt, but something was and it didn't make him happy.

"Don't call me Lay." I warned, laughing at the same time. I wasn't sure if I was still drunk or if this situation was actually funny. "I'm not going to live with some drug dealer and just await for the police to come knocking on my door and start researching through my stuff." I said with my voice being surprisingly quiet. If I was myself right now I'd probably be screaming out the top of my lungs until my chest felt tight and this would all probably end up badly, but now Luke was just staring at me, trying to hold in a smile.

"Drug dealer?" he finally asked, still restraining himself but I couldn't miss the small smirk that was beginning to form on his lips. "This was only the second time we've done this. You don't know a thing." Luke finally let out a small chuckle but then his face turned serious as he looked at Ashton.

"Where is it anyway?" he asked seriously.

"I threw it somewhere when she came." Michael answered instead and looked at the dark sand.

At that point I decided to zoom out on their conversation and just took Calum's hand to drag him behind me.

"Bye Ashton." I quickly said and left the other three guys behind.

As we were walking back to Calum's car that was on the near parking lot, we started arguing. I was yelling at Calum because he promised me they're "nice guys once you get to know them". He was screaming at me because I never told him I'm roommates with Luke.

At the end I started hysterically laughing and he was just staring at me blank confused. Then we completely changed the subject and as we came to his place I went straight to the couch just to fall asleep a minute later.