Chapter 4: A Slap in the Face

Stephanie’s POV

I jumped out of bed to close my blinds.  I turned around and came face to face with a tall figure.  They had on all black and a ski mask.  I stared at them in complete shock.  I didn’t know whether to run or scream for help.  They brought their glove covered hand up to my face and caressed my cheek.  I flinched a little and they removed their hand.  They backed me up to a wall and lifted their mask up just past their lips.  They leaned in and gave me a long sweet kiss on the lips.  When they pulled away, they lifted me off the ground and set me in the bed.  I was frozen the whole time so I was pretty helpless.  They pulled the covers over my body, kissed my forehead, and said in a soft voice

“Goodnight Stephanie”

And with that, they were gone.  Still frozen from shocked, I laid there and realized the voice was very familiar.  I just couldn’t quite put my finger on it.  Whoever it was, they were a helluva kisser.  I shrugged and tried my best to fall asleep.

***

The next morning, I woke up to a note on my nightstand

You’ll be getting more than a kiss soon.

I darted out of my room and ran into my dad.  He grunted as I fell to the floor.  He stumbled backwards and balanced himself on the railing.

“Aren’t you a little old for me to be telling you not to run through the house?”

I smiled at him apologetically and went back to my room.  I calmed myself down and picked up the note and read it over again.  I lightly touched my lips as I remembered the sweet soft touch of this mystery guy and his lips. 

In the middle of my thoughts, my phone rang and it was Tiffany

“Where’d you go last night?” she asked groggily

“I left with a friend, you and Kendra just abandoned me so… I left”

“Ooh!” she instantly perked up “Was it a boy?”

“Yes but-“

She cut me off “DETAILSSSSSS!!!!... Wait no, how about we go to the mall huh?  We can talk about it over froyo.  I’m paying!  I’ll be by to pick you up in an hour.  BE READY. BYE!” and she hung up.

I sighed and rolled my eyes heading straight to the bathroom.  I turned on the shower water and hopped in.  I got out brushed my teeth, put on deodorant and lotioned my body.  I put my robe on and walked out to my room.  I took my hair down and threw on a shirt, some shorts, and some converse.  Nothing special.  I really didn’t feel like wearing any makeup but I knew Tiffany would be upset.  I put on a couple of layers of mascara with a little eyeliner.  I finished with some EOS on my lips. 

“Steph! Tiffany is here!” My mom yelled.

I grabbed my phone and wallet and went to meet Tiffany at her car. 

When we got to the mall she dragged me over to TCBY and shoved a cup in my hand.  I rolled my eyes and fixed my combination of yogurt and junk food.  Like Tiff said, she paid for my froyo and we sat down.

“What’s his name?” she prodded

“…Chris” I replied hesitantly

“Ooh, he sounds delicious.  What’s he look like?  How old is he?  Does he go to our school?”

“Actually, it’s the guy from the library” I said.

“Ooh!” she squealed a little too loud.  Everybody turned and stared at us.  I blushed in embarrassment as she gave everyone a mean glare.  “Anyways...” she scoffed “You know his name!  I’m so proud of you.  You talked to him at the party?”

I nodded at her and she grinned at me.  I rolled my eyes playfully and got up to throw my cup away.  When I got to the trashcan I looked up and saw Chris walking towards the shop.  I rushed back over to where Tiff and I were sitting and grabbed my stuff.  He hadn’t seen me yet so we had enough time to get away if Tiffany would cooperate, but knowing her stubborn self, he’d see me.

I was still nervous around him and I was shocked to see him so I wanted to hide and avoid him.

“Steph what are you doing girl? Calm down”

I paused and looked at her like she was crazy.  I pointed over at Chris and she looked back at me confused

“Who is that?”

“Chris” I hissed lowly

“Girrrrl he is sexy, bring him over here.  If you don’t want him I’ll take him” She said loudly.

I snapped my head up in his direction only to see he was walking over.  I glared at Tiff and greeted him.

“Hey Chris” I smiled nervously

“Hey” he said wrapping one arm around me and pulling me into a hug.  He unexpectedly kissed my forehead causing me to blush.  The kiss brought back a sense of Deja Vu but I ignored it.  Tiffany raised her eyebrows at us and I rolled my eyes.

“Who is this?”  Chris questioned

“I’m Tiffany” Tiff purred

Chris stuck out his hand and she shook it with a lustful look in her eye.  I laughed and shook my head.

“What?” she challenged “Just because you are too scared to flirt and I’m not, you can’t get mad at me for it” She said with a whole bunch of attitude.

I’ve never heard that in her voice, and it bothered me.  As usual I let her continue to talk down to me until one word she said caught my attention

“I thought you’d be a really fun friend to do crazy stuff with, but now you’re just acting like a scared, shy, bitch

Where did this side of Tiff come from?  Before I knew it my hand connected with her face. 

“If anyone is a bitch it’s you” I scoffed and walked off.

Tears were streaming down my face as I walked towards the mall exit.  I felt someone grab my wrist and I was ready to swing again but I heard his deep husky voice.

“Wait”

I turned around and looked up at him and he said

“Let me at least take you home baby girl”

He grabbed my hand and led me to his car.  I got in the passenger seat and stared out of the window.  To get my mind off of Tiffany I thought about last night.  I replayed what he said over and over in my mind trying to figure out who the voice belonged to.  I was too busy thinking about this that I barely noticed we were in my driveway and that Chris was calling my name.

When he said my name again with a soft voice, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.

I think I know who the voice belonged to.

(A/N) I have no words Lol.  Sorry for the wait but times have been trying.  Hope you enjoyed!  Don’t forget to Vote and Comment!