Chapter 13: A Way Out?

Steph's POV

*2 months later*

It was about 11 pm and I was sitting at the dining room table thinking.  I think Megan was asleep and Chris had some work to do, I wasn't really sure.  I was doing a lot of thinking and my mind was super scrambled.  I was thinking about the day that Chris, or whoever it was tied up my parents and kidnapped me.  I was thinking about what my parents were thinking right now, and I even thought as far back to the party where I really got to know Chris.

I thought about how his interest peaked when we were at the party that night.  He was acting like such a genuine person, he seemed perfect.  The way we communicated and how he matched my goofiness really made me feel comfortable.  Then on the dance floor when he showed off his moves but was able to slow it back down and really dance with a girl when the time came.  I swear so much of him is perfect but he is so messed up in the head.

Quite honestly, I need a journal to write in because I would like to document my time here so if I never need a reminder of some lesson I may learn, I can reference it and remember.  I haven't had any contact to the outside world so I have literally no idea what's happening, you think the least Chris could do is bring me a newspaper every once in a while.  Megan and Chris's relationship has been shaky these past couple of months because Chris pays attention mainly to me after I nearly died of an asthma attack and Megan was going to leave me to die.  He told me he was disgusted with her and is only keeping her around for fear she will report him to the feds.

Lately Chris hasn't been abusive, he's been really sweet lately and acting like a normal person.  After the asthma attack all of his bad ways have been kept under wraps, no sudden outbursts he is just calm and collected.  Megan does provoke him at times which causes some outbursts but nothing like before.  

The vault door opened breaking my train of thought as Chris strolled in.  He walked over to me and gave me a long sweet kiss.

"Why are you still up princess?" he asked in a delicate voice.

"No particular reason, I'm just up thinking" I shrugged and sent him a small smile.

"About what?"

I really didn't want to answer his question fully because there was no telling how he would act to my sudden interest in the backstories.  I think beating around the bush is what's going to work best for right now. 

"Life, my family... Nothing to interesting" I added a small chuckle at the end.

"Steph... I'm sorry.  This is so wrong, in so many ways" He told me with a look of sorrow in his eyes.

I looked away from him and down at the table because I couldn't bear to see him in pain which is weird because if you think about the pain that he caused me, it really seems fair.  After about a minute of silence he continued.

"I don't know what led me to this point.  I feel like you deserve some type of explanation as to why I basically ruined your life."

I looked at him and nodded hesitantly for fear of what he may or may not say.

He sighed and began to speak "It all started when I was around 8 or 9...

(A/N) I've been gone for like forever, idk what happened, life has gotten in the way!  But I plan to be back around for a little while before school starts for me.  Sorry for this super short and boring chapter, I have a case of writers block AGAIN like always so... and I wanted to give you guys something.  Love y'all!  Oh and comment when y'all go back to school, I go back on August 29th.  <3