Chapter Three: Amazing Night

Stephanie’s POV

I was greeted by booming music and staring boys.  I blushed and kept walking.  My phone buzzed in my pocket and I looked down to see a text from an unknown number and it said

You look beautiful tonight

I reread the message over again until I felt myself falling.  I never noticed the 3 steps right in front of me and just as I was about to smack down onto the floor, someone caught me. I looked down and noticed the yellow tattooed arms.  I looked up to see the boy from the library.  When we made eye contact he smiled and helped me back on my feet.

“Hey…” I trailed off not knowing his name.

“Chris” He stated “What is your name?”

“Stephanie” I replied giggling a little at the end

“I like that name”

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen away from the music where I could hear him a bit better and he pulled a chair out for me to sit down on.  He was such a gentleman.  He got a chair for himself and sat right in front of me.

“So Steph, what grade are you in?”

Steph! He called me Steph!

“Uh...uh I’m in 10th” I said slightly blushing

He grinned at me and said “Aww you’re still a baby”

Taken aback I asked with a lot of sarcasm in my voice. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

He laughed “I’m a senior so compared to me you are a baby” he said lightly pinching my cheek sending butterflies all throughout my stomach.  Was I falling for him??

We talked for about another 30 minutes until he offered to dance with me.  They played couple of good songs that I rocked back and forth to while Chris was doing the whip, nae nae, drop, and who knows what else.

“You must dance outside of just parties” I yelled over the music

He smiled and nodded at me.  Suddenly the music stopped and the DJ’s voice boomed through the speakers.  I don’t know how this boy afforded all of this but I kept my thoughts to myself as the DJ said

“Boys grab you a fine female and get ready cause I’m about to play some slooowwwww jamssss”

My favorite song “Must Be Nice” by Lyfe Jennings (Quick Note: This is the slow song that they played at Big Booty Judy’s party in the movie ATL).  This song was super old and I looked up at Chris who was staring down at me.

“May I?” he asked referring to putting his arms around me to dance.

I nodded a little too eagerly as his wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me into his body.  I came face to face with the middle of his abdomen as he held me there and we swayed back and forth.  He surprised me and spun me around and held me back in place as he smiled down at me.

I was too happy.  I looked to my left and saw Tiffany grinding on some boy.  I shook my head and laughed to myself.  I can tell she has had a little too much to drink.  I rested my head back on Chris’s torso and shivered as he ran a hand up and down my back one time.  I looked up at him and he grinned down at me in the dim light.

As the song ended, he loosened his tight grip on me that I hadn’t noticed until now and took one of my small hands into his huge one lightly and said

“I have to go now but it was fun getting to know you better, maybe we can hang out some other time”

I smiled and nodded and jumped when he leaned down to kiss me on the cheek and he disappeared into the crowd and out of the door. 

I checked my phone and saw that it was 11:00pm.  My parents are going to kill me!  I ran around looking for Kendra and Tiffany and I couldn’t find them anywhere.  I sighed and I figured to just walk home, it would only be a 15 minute walk.  I was walking down the driveway as I saw Chris getting in his car about a block away.  I smiled at the fun night I had getting to know him.  I started walking and shivered at the wind as it blew against my face.  I wrapped my cardigan tighter around me and kept my head down to block some of the wind.

“Stephanie?” I heard Chris’s voice call.

I looked up and saw him in his car with the window rolled down.

“You need a ride?  I mean it’s no trouble to me” he asked curiously.

“No I think I can walk, my house is just about 15 minutes up the road.”  I slightly smiled and kept walking.

“No, I’m not just going to let you walk home, that would be rude.  Hop in”

He opened the door from the inside and smiled at me as I got in.  I shut the door as he sped off out of the neighborhood.

I gave him directions until we reached my house.  When we got there he shut the car off, got out and ran over to the other side to open my door for me.  I swear, he is one of the sweetest guys I’ve met.  I got out and he shut the door behind me.  He placed his hand lightly on my back and guided me to my door.

“Well...” I trailed off not knowing what to say.

“It was nice getting to know you Steph.” He said smiling slightly

“I have to say the same about you, I thought I was going to be out of place at this party but with you there, I had an amazing time.”  I said smiling back

“Yeah.  I have to get going now.  I have to be up early in the morning.  Have a goodnight Steph”

“Thanks you too, I said walking in my door and shutting it.”

I was so dazed that I hadn’t even noticed my parent’s cars in the driveway.  I checked my phone and saw texts from them saying they were out to dinner and would be back later.  I laughed at their continuous attempts to stay young.  I ran upstairs and decided that I would take a shower in the morning.  I put my hair into some Bantu knots to preserve my curls from earlier.  I slipped on a tank and some gym shorts and crawled under the covers and drifted off.

Just as I was on the edge of complete sleep, my phone dinged.  I squinted and opened it reading the message:

From: Unknown Number

You are beautiful when you sleep.

(A/N) I don’t even have any comments Haha.  I just want to shoutout Gia_Baby just because she’s awesome.  Vote, comment, and tell me what you think.  Until next time!