Chapter 10: Choices

Chris's POV

I heard her say goodbye and I didn't understand what she meant. My question was quickly answered when I heard a choking type noise and then silence. I frantically kicked down the door and rushed into her room. I saw she had hung herself in the closet. My heart immediately melted and my eyes started to water. Despite my tears, I quickly united her from the noose and held her limp body in my arms. I dug my face into her neck and kissed her soft skin.

"I'm sorry" I repeated over again.

I felt her body shudder as she let out a loud cough almost making me drop her. He groaned an took in a heavy unsteady breath.

I patted her rubbed her back softly as she continued to sob. Had I pushed her to doing this by being selfish on only caring for my own needs? Immediately feeling bad, I hugged her closer to me as she breathed unevenly.

I guess we had both fallen asleep on the floor because I woke up with a crook in my neck and she was laying there starting at the ceiling.  I saw her eyes were red and I saw the tear stains on her face.

I gently but carefully rested my hand on her stomach.  She jumped a little and looked over at me.

I sent her a small smile but she remained emotionless.

"Steph... Can we talk?"

Her eyes told me to go on.

"I'm sorry that I hurt you like that.  When you told me it was too dangerous for us to be close, I was really hurt and I felt like all the effort I put into trying to actually love you was just a waste of my time.  I only had sex with Megan to make you feel the pain that I was feeling.  It was really inconsiderate of me to go that far and not try to talk to you first.  And I'm sorry."  I finished.

I took a deep breath and looked down at her.  A small smile crept on her lips but quickly vanished when Megan barged in.

"Chris we need some-"

She stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed me on the floor with Stephanie. 
She scoffed and said

"Really Chris?! PICK ONE! And that should be me. I've been here with you for the LONGEST!"

I stared at her and saw the pain in her eyes. 

Who do I choose?

(A/n)  sorry not sorry for this short chapter, but I'm updating from my phone in school and people have been rushing me to update.  I'll update when I have time.  Please don't rush me I have a life too.  I might just start updating every Friday.  Yeah that's what I'll do.  I'll update tomorrow again and it'll be short like this one but all other Fridays will have long updates like yesterday.  And I can do chapter previews on Wednesday or something.  I'll figure it out.  Vote, comment, and tell me what you think. Bye loves :*