Chapter 11: The Decision

Chris's POV

I layed next to her staring at her beautiful features as she slept.  Her soft snores filled the room leaving me in peace.  Her eyelashes sat flawlessly on her high cheekbones.  My eyes traveled down to her freckles where they were placed almost in a perfect order framing the rest of her face.  Then my eyes went down to her lips, they were partly open in her sleep.  They were so full and plump, and I loved kissing them.  I never realized how good they felt up until this moment. 

Thinking of this, I leaned down and gave her a long soft kiss.  She stirred in her sleep and her eyes flurred open.

"Hmm?"

"Goodmorning baby"  I smiled down at her.

"Goodmorning Chris" she smiled back after yawning.

"You're beautiful.. you know that?"  I complemented her.

"Thank you" she said slightly blushing.

I pulled her into my chest and listened to the rhythm of her breathing.

I shot up when I heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen.  I let go of her and got out of bed to check and see what was up. 

I turned the corner to see Stephanie on the ground holding on to her bleeding foot. 

She looked up and noticed me, a look of anger flashed in her eyes right before she rolled them and turned her attention back to her foot. 

I would be pretty mad at me too if I was her but I had my reasons.  She managed to get herself up and limp off towards the bathroom.  As she passed by me I grabbed her arm and asked

"Do you want any help getting the glass out of your foot?  I could sweep up the rest if you'd like" I gave her a small smile.

"No thanks" she said without even looking at me.  Her voice was so empty it made me shudder.

Right before Steph could get into the bathroom, the door to ge bedroom Megan and I were previously in swung open.  Megan looked at Stephanie and scoffed with a laugh at the end.

"That's what happens when you aren't careful with your things or your heart because they can both end up broken"  she chuckled a little and walked over to me.

"Not now Megan..." Steph said with authority in her voice

"Oooh I'm so scared" Megan said sarcastically while putting her arms around me in a protective manner.  I swear she's the most aggravating person at times but I have to love her. "Chris protect me from this weak bitch"

That's when I knew Steph snapped.  She spun around on the heel of her good foot and limped over to Megan and got right in her face.

"I said not now Megan" she said with the coldest stare. 

I saw a flash of fear in Megan's eyes but it went away as quickly as it came. 

"Hmm." Megan made a noise as she walked to the couch.

I jumped when the bathroom door slammed shut.

Was this really the right decision?

(A/N) I don't know how I feel about this chapter... its okay I guess.  And I know I've been MIA but I can't make that schedule thing work.  I'm just going to have to update whenever it's convenient for me.  Now that school is out, I should have more time on my hands.  Vote, comment, and tell me what you think. Bye loves :*