Chapter 2: The Mysterious Car

Stephanie’s POV

Today was Friday thank God.  I was sitting in the Media Center again proofing and checking my 5 page essay on the history of Little Red Riding Hood.  Weird right?  Well my English teacher doesn’t think so.  I chose Little Red Riding Hood because it’s one of my favorite stories.  The history behind it is quite tragic.  Its actual purpose was to teach girls not to run away from home or they would get raped.  My childhood was officially ruined after that.

Just as I was doing a last read through, he came in and sat next to me again.  I looked over at him and he smiled slightly.  I sent him a small one back and continued working.  About a minute later he was looking at my computer screen and I turned towards him.  He looked at me and opened his mouth to speak.  I waited for words to flow out but we were both startled by a fight going on a few feet away.

Once the fight died down a couple of minutes later, he turned to me and finally said

“The sentence in your 5th paragraph needs a better main focus, try making your opening statement a little broader then go into detail”

I gave him a confused look because I didn’t quite understand what he meant.  He sighed and playfully rolled his eyes.  He reached over me and started to speak but, I was so distracted by his cologne.  He smelled so good!  He looked at me and smiled and continued his work.  I looked back at my computer screen completely lost.  I was too busy noticing his cologne instead of listening to what he was saying.  I reluctantly reached over and tapped his shoulder. 

He turned towards me, giving me his full attention.  When his eyes met mine, I instantly forgot about everything.  I was lost in his eyes as he stared back at mine.  He chuckled and asked

“Do you need more help? Or do you need me to repeat my suggestion again”

I smiled “Please?”

We sat for the next 20 minutes discussing my paper and how it could be improved.  The details that he picked up on were something that I think my own teacher wouldn’t have picked up on.  After we finished, I read back over it carefully as a smile spread across my face.

“Is it okay?” He asked.

“It’s perfect.  Thank you so much”

I noticed it was 3 minutes until this period ended so I saved my report and started to pack my things up.  As the bell rang, I pushed in my chair as he did the same.  He started to walk off but I stopped him

“Hey, thanks again for all your help.  I’m sure I’ll ace it all thanks to you”

Without thinking I wrapped my arms around his waist for a quick hug.  He responded immediately by wrapping his arms around me in a bear hug.

“You’re welcome” He said after chuckling.

Blushing, I walked out of the library and headed towards my next class.  I sat down in my seat completely ignoring Tiffany and what she was saying.  After daydreaming about him for what seemed like an eternity, I felt a hard smack on my arm.

“OW!” I whisper-yelled as I winced

“Did you hear anything I said? You’ve been in la-la land for the past 5 minutes!” she scolded

I felt my face getting hot and she noticed.  She smirked at me and bent down next to my desk.

“Spill the beans, who is the boy?”

“Well you see…. I don’t exactly know his name.  He’s sweet, smart, cute...” I trailed off

She had an unreadable look on her face, it was a mix between confused and furious.  In a lowered firm tone she said

“You mean to tell me, you talk to the boy and you like the boy and you don’t know the first thing you should know about somebody.  THEIR NAME?!”

I remained silent as she scoffed and sat back at her desk.

“I thought I taught you better than this Steph!”

“Well – “

She held her hand up to me cutting me off and didn’t talk to me for the rest of class.  When the bell rang she stopped me and said

“Be ready by 7:30, Kendra and I will be by to pick you up”

Oh crap! I forgot about the party.  I sighed and walked out to the bus lot.  When I got out there, I saw him, he was standing on the sidewalk with his beats.  I continued walking to my bus and I felt a pair of eyes staring at me.  I don’t know why but I looked over in his direction and he was looking off into the distance.  I shook away the thought and continued walking to my bus.

When I got home I immediately went upstairs and hopped in the shower.  After I got out I brushed my teeth, deodorized and lotioned.  I walked back into my room with just my undergarments on and looked out the window.  I saw a black car sitting across the street from my house with heavily tinted windows.  Now I’m not a car expert, but this car was mighty nice.

I walked back across my room to open my dresser.  I got my outfit for the party and laid it on my bed.  I went downstairs to get some food and I turned on the TV.  I sat on the couch and watched “The Game” as I waited for 7:00 to roll around.

About 4 hours later I went back upstairs and got dressed.  I sprayed a little bit of perfume on and sat at my vanity and curled my hair with my wand curler.  Next I did my makeup, it was very neutral and subtle.  I walked over to my window to close my blinds and I noticed the car was still there, I shrugged my shoulders and went back downstairs.  I grabbed my phone and house keys and put them in pocket.

About 10 minutes later, Kendra and Tiffany were at my door waiting for me to come out.  I hugged both of them as we headed over to Kendra’s car.  I looked over my shoulder to see the car only it was running as if the driver was about to leave. 

Thinking nothing of it, I hopped it the back seat.  Something in my stomach told me this night may not end well.

(A/N) Hey guys, I hope you are enjoying the book.  Vote and comment please.