f o u r t y - f i v e

I cannot thank y'all enough for 5K reads. It honestly blows my mind that y'all are actually reading what I post. In other news, I've started to procrastinate writing because I started drawing AoT and BSD characters hahaha; so that's fun. So here I am on a Thursday afternoon needing to write 2K words in two days. ✌

Peter's POV:

If getting hit by a speeding train wasn't enough, I had somehow been put in jail for being found in the railcar. Luckily, I made my escape quietly and wasn't caught.

I was now wandering around some town in the Netherlands, searching for some means of communication. Much of it seemed very rural and the worry set in that I was actually stranded out here.

Many stalls filled with hand-made goods surrounded me, but I soon came across a man who was speaking on the phone.

"Excuse me, sir!" I said, gaining his attention. "May I borrow your phone?"

Fumbling a bit, I was able to remember Happy's number and quickly rang it, hoping that he would actually pick up.

"Hello?" I heard his gruff voice on the other side of the call.

"Hi, uh. I messed up. Can you come give me a ride?"

"Where are you?"

"Uh," I turned back to the man who was letting me borrow his phone. "Sir, where are we?"

The man continued on to speak the location. Sighing, knowing I couldn't repeat it, I held the phone out to him.

"Broek op Langedijk," he said slowly.

"Did you get that?" I ran a hand through my hair nervously.

Slowly but surely, I was able to make my way over to our meeting spot. Somehow, my timing was accurate because Mr. Stark's jet was landing by the time I made it over.

Happy was fast to get off the plane, clearly worried about my safety, seeing I was in the Netherlands instead of on my way back to New York.

"Peter! Are you okay-" Happy started.

Stopping him in his tracks, I shouted out, "Wait! Is it really you?"

I had been tricked too many times. I couldn't be sure of who was real and who wasn't at this point.

"Is it really me? Of course it's me; who else would it be?"

"Tell me something only Happy would know!" I stretched my arms out, emphasizing I wanted distance from him.

"Uh," he paused at this. "When we went to Germany, you rented some movies from the hotel. I couldn't be sure, but because they were more expensive, I could tell they were adult movies and-"

"Okay, okay. It's you." I speed-walked the distance between us and greeted him with a hug.

"Peter you're going to really have to tell me what's going on here."

I nodded my head, looking back up at him.

"But uh, where's (Y/N)? Is she still on the class trip?"

(Y/N)'s POV:

Sounds of the ocean filled my ears as cool water lapped across my chest. Salt was almost the only thing I could smell.

"How about five more minutes?" I mumbled to myself, honestly just wanting to fall back asleep.

The wind blew hard and I realized how cold I was.