e i g h t

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Like most days at school are, I suppose. MJ came by during second period and we did our daily book swap. I was reading Truly Devious at the moment and it's really good. What's wrong with a good mystery every once in a while?

"Hey, (Y/N), what are you up to this afternoon?" I turned to see Peter and Ned staring at me like they have another huge Lego set to build in one night while they binge Star Wars.

"Nothing much, you?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, the annual Star Wars binge and Lego building. There's been a release of a bunch of Lego Harry Potter sets and I thought that maybe we could hang out?" Ned asked.

"That sounds great, but if we're building Harry Potter legos, why don't we watch Harry Potter? I haven't binged that in a while and today is a special day in the Harry Potter universe."

"Great!" Peter stated, "My place at seven?"

I definitely have some time to kill before seven, so why not patrol? I haven't brought the suit out since, well, never, so now might be the best time to start. Pops would never let me. He figured I wasn't ready, but I think that since I survived the "civil war" between Pops and Stank, I'd say I'm ready. I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me.

Putting on my suit again feels amazing. Maybe this is my security blanket. Not sure, but I definitely feel like I can do anything.

The city is alive and people go on with their daily lives, not realizing there is someone there watching to make sure they cross the street safely. There wasn't really anything going on right now, which is surprising considering the uproar of the coffee shop robbery. Well, almost robbery. Spiderman came before anything could happen.

I watched as the sun slowly passed over the sky, but was interrupted when Underoos sat down. I didn't know he'd be so close by. I'm all the way in Brooklyn again.

Surprised, I asked, "What are you doing all the way in Brooklyn?"

"I don't know, just passing through the neighborhood. I am the friendly neighborhood Spiderman," He responded.

"Thought you were from Queens."

"How'd you know?"

"You told Cap that while trying to balance a walkway above your head. You're pretty strong by the way," I began to pick at the siding on the brick wall, my eyes scanning the streets for any activity.

"Thanks?" He answered, clearly flustered. "Oh! I didn't even catch your name during the battle. You're not known like the others."

"I never mentioned it. I didn't really expect to be caught by the one and only Tony Stank."

He snorted.

I smiled, waiting a second, before continuing, "I also wasn't expecting to get back out to patrol afterwards, so I never officially came up with a name for myself. . . I guess you can just call me Nova."

"Good choice. It's definitely better than Spiderman."

"You mean Underoos," I chuckled.

"Oh my god. You actually heard that," He facepalmed. I bet his face is red under the mask. "I'm not even sure where Mr. Stark came up with that one. Maybe from my old suit. I used to wear something like sweatpants and a sweatshirt."

"I bet that kept you warm in the winter. It could also probably be a scorcher in the summer, depending on the weather." We stayed in silence for a couple minutes. Is there really nothing going on right now? It seemed weird to be quiet, but I guess that's a good thing. "You know what time it is?"

"Oh, yeah. Um, it's 6:40."

"I gotta get going. See you later, Underoos," I did a little salute.

"Yeah, see you later," He got up too, probably to head back to Queens.

I decided to make a quick stop by the apartment before heading to Queens. Maybe even get some tiramisu from Ms. Farina. I climbed down the fire escape and made my way into the small apartment I call home. I grabbed some clothes I left behind and changed out of my suit.

Wow, do I miss this place. Don't get me wrong, Stark tower is nice, but it's definitely not homey compared to this. We have pictures everywhere. Aw, there's even a picture of short-haired Bucky with scrawny little Steve. Aw, scrawny little Steve is beat up. He must have tried to start another fight in a back alley.

I walked down the creaking stairs of my apartment and saw Ms. Farina getting her mail. "Hello, Ms. Farina! How are you doing today?"

"Oh! (Y/N)! Come here and let me see you! It's been a while since I've seen you last! Have you gotten taller, no? That must mean I'm getting shorter. . . dammit. I really was hoping to not get any shorter than 5'0." She chuckled to herself.

I chuckled along with her. "I haven't gotten taller, but I have missed seeing you. It's weird to not see you everyday."

"I have some tiramisu for you! I had a feeling you would stop by soon, so I made an extra batch just for you. There's some pasta in the fridge, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"No, I can't. I'm headed over to a friend's for a binge session of the Harry Potter films. Today is the anniversary of one of the movies, after all."

"Oh that's just great! Is it that Peter boy you're always talking about? Come, let me grab the tiramisu. How is he doing?"

I felt my cheeks heat up in temperature. Good thing she's turned in the other direction. "He's doing well, same old Peter."

"Well, I won't keep you from your movie marathon. Go enjoy yourself. Just don't have too much fun," She winked and handed me the container.

"Thanks, Ms. Farina, we won't!" I said.

I walked out the front door and headed to the station to catch the next train to Queens.