f o u r

Cracking my eyes open, blinding light forced them closed again as I tried to gain focus of my surroundings. Tall windows loomed to the left of me and the walls were painted a blueish-gray. My head pounded as I attempted to get into a sitting position. The bed was super soft, and I debated the idea of just falling asleep again. My stomach growled in protest, so I decided to look around the room to find out where the heck I am.

A queen size bed was on the left side wall in an alcove, with a dresser next to it. At the edge, there was a cushioned bench and across the way, there was a desk, with built-in bookshelves surrounding it. Windows covered a majority of the wall to the north of where I was standing. There was also a bathroom connected in front of the alcove closer to the door.

I moved closer to the bookshelf to see the collection it seems to hold. The Great Gatsby, all of the Harry Potter series, and many more covered the shelves.

Bringing me from my own thoughts, there was a knock at the door. I turned to see the one and only Tony Stank at the door. "I see you're finally awake."

He looked rough, nonetheless. A black eye was the most prominent feature from the fight that I could see and he was wearing a band t-shirt with faded blue jeans.

"Why am I here?" I was still in my suit and was really ready to get a hot shower and a good meal.

"Well, isn't this better than a prison cell on the raft?"

I smirked, looking down at the silver bracelet clamped on my wrist and said, "I don't seem to be getting any different kind of treatment than they would."

"That is only a precaution I took based on the fact that I didn't know how you would react when you woke up. You are Capsicle's kid." Walking over, he took ahold of my arm and used his fingerprint to take it off. Reaching in his back pocket, he took out an envelope, handing it to me. "Cap gave me this before he left, saying for you to read it. After, I'd take a shower if I were you; you kinda smell. There are some extra clothes in the bag from the Volkswagen. Very low profile, might I add."

Walking back towards the door, he turned and said, "I'm thinking of ordering some shawarma, you want some?"

I nodded, a little confused towards the sudden niceties, "I love shawarma."

He walked out the door, leaving me to read the letter.

I read through it once trying to take it all in, and then read it again to make sure I read that correctly. He left me with Stark until he could get back? He wants me to continue to go to school, which makes sense, but he left me with Stark?

I can survive on my own. Well, maybe. Haven't gotten around to trying that one yet, but I would, and could, survive on my own.

Sighing, I reached for my phone, one of the few things I have, I turned it on to see what I might have missed: Liz had a party (no surprise), I missed an Algebra 2 test, and there were like twenty texts from Peter over the last three or so days that I have been gone. Two from Ned, and four from MJ updating me on the latest activity in her book.

Getting up, I switched off my phone and headed to take a long needed shower.

Getting out of the shower, I put on my favorite comfortable clothing and tried my best to dry my (h/l) (h/c) hair. I tucked my phone in my back pocket, and walked down the halls to where I'd guess a kitchen would be.

The smell of shawarma filled the air and I saw a stack of them on the counter, with Stark on the other side. I didn't really realize how hungry I was. Sitting down at the bar stool, I grabbed a steaming wrap and devoured it quickly.

Stark lowered his arms onto the counter and said, "So, you broke the law, alongside your father, and I saved your ass from getting arrested. What are you going to do about it?"

"How's Underoos?" I lowered the second shawarma back onto its foil delicately.

"You don't get to answer my question with a question. That's not how this works."

"So I don't get to ask any questions?"

"No-"

"But you just answered one of my questions."

"I definitely see the Capsicle in you," Stark sighed deeply.

"Alright, fine. Thanks for saving my ass, but if I remember correctly, which I'm not sure I do, Peter was the one that found me before I got crushed."

"Wait, did you just say Peter?"

"Shit," I paused, unsure of how to continue, "Well, I may have figured out he was Spiderman because of his voice. It's so high-pitched when he's nervous, so it kinda shows."

"You know, I totally see that. How do you know Peter?"

"We go to school together; Midtown High. What a lucky coincidence, huh?"

"Speaking of school, you are still going to go when it starts back up on Monday. My assistant, Happy, will drive you there if you want. It's a good way off from the tower."

"Um, I think I'll just take the train like I normally do." I took another bite of shawarma, savoring the (f/m) and spices," What about my stuff at the apartment?"

"I guess you could go get it tomorrow, if you want. You might need Happy for that one though."

"Ok," I said, finishing up the last of my food, "I'm going to head in for the night."

I wasn't quite sure about how to act around him. It's a little awkward being told you're going to live with someone you don't know.

"Sure."

I could tell immediately he was also unsure of how to act around me.

Heading back to my room, I pulled out my phone again and decided to text the group chat to see what they are up to tomorrow.

The Squad

Hey. U guys up?

MJ: I'm reading here

Ned: YOU'RE ALIVE! Peter was missing too for a couple days and I've been stuck with MJ :(

MJ: HEY

Peter: you finally back from the family business?

yup, you free tomorrow afternoon?

Peter: yeah

Ned: yup

MJ: maybe if I'm not reading

coffee at that place not far from Peter's? 3:00?

Ned: sure, see u then

Peter: okay

MJ, you can put down your book for a few hours

MJ: fine

see u guys then