t w e n t y - t w o

Totally out of context to this chapter, but FZeroTrash blames me for killing her in among us and then kills me the next round. Also, the rest of this chapter won't be written for another week, so that's fun. End of the quarter teacher-induced cramming sucks.

Lol it's actually been a week

Peter's POV:

The sound of lights whirred around me and I'm blinded by it's brightness. There's no other noises, but I heard slight breathing from a body close to my own.

"My head," I mumbled to no one in particular.

"You appear to have a mild concussion," suit lady said. Oh good, she didn't run out of batteries, "and (Y/n) seems to as well."

I looked down and saw a sprawled out (dark/light) haired girl peacefully sleeping through everything. I really don't want to disturb (Y/n), so I continued to look around the small space.

"Hey; so where are we right now?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. The container walls are hindering my sensors."

"They must have hijacked the truck and taken me to their evil lair. Okay, suit lady, we're gonna have to fight our way out of this one, well, with (Y/n) of course," I prepared myself a bit, before turning to the metal door counting down to one. I slammed through the door and tumbled across the concrete. "Huh? What is this place? Suit lady, where am I?"

"You're in the most secure facility on the Eastern Seaboard. The Damage Control Deep Storage Vault-"

"No, seriously?" I groaned at my newest mistake and heard very light footsteps coming from the truck bed.

(Y/n) looked like she just woke up from the longest nap in the world. She's covering her eyes, due to the brightness of the facility, stumbled, and called out, "What's with all the racket? Can't a teen get more than three hours of sleep?" There's a slight pause as she checked out her surroundings, before she asked, "Where the hell are we?"

"Stuck in a storage vault that, as suit lady says, is the most secure on the Eastern Seaboard," I sighed, trying to wrap my head around any way we could make it out of here. Everything's a bit murky.

"The door will most likely remain shut until the morning," suit lady's cheery voice called out in my ears.

"I could try portalling us out of here, but I'm not sure I can. My brain's pretty fried right now," (Y/n) offered and then whispered, "kinda like fried pickles. . ."

"Try it; we have a Decathlon to get back to."

(Y/n)'s POV

To keep my portaling efforts a bit safer, I pulled my sling ring out of a random pocket and slipped it onto my fingers. It felt strangely heavy, in the moment, and I made the same motions I've been practicing for months now.

At first, my thoughts focused on my true intentions of portaling us back to the hotel, but my thoughts wandered to Ms. Farina, who I haven't seen in weeks.

I'm really missing her tiramisu right about now and the random stories she'd tell about her restaurant and the people she'd meet.

Looking at the portal in front of me, it had made one right into Ms. Farina's kitchen. She was humming away some old tune before she turned around and saw my portal.

"Hey, Ms. Farina!" Peter called from over my shoulder.

Yelping in surprise, she dropped the latest dish she's made, before shouting, "What the fu-"

The portal closed in a whir of sparks.

"Why did you have to shout?" I whined, rubbing my temples, "You're giving me more of a headache than I already have."

"Sorry," he then whispered softly.

Sighing, I tried to count to five, but didn't ever get that far.

Instead, I think again about how the hotel looks, but this time, my thoughts turn over to Daniel Drumm. I wonder, how's he doing? I haven't had a training session in a while since school's been pretty jam packed, but I can't seem to remember the last time we had one.

"Yo! You did it! Where the heck is this one though?" Peter asked excitedly.

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" A deep voice called from the other side of the portal.

Finally jumping back to the present, I looked up and saw Daniel standing right in front of us on the other side.

"Hey! I'm gonna just go, and, um, hope you're doing good!" I slurred together.

"Where the hell are y-"

Yet again, sparks flew, and Daniel was gone. Silence filled the large space and it was almost deafening. It's like you could hear the air's still movements.

Deciding that we aren't getting anywhere, we moved away from the heavy, sealed doors and tried to make ourselves comfortable for a long evening. Peter can't seem to keep still and he also won't stop talking to his suit.

I watched as he named the suit Karen and then began to work through all of the webs he can use now that he's off his training wheels. He's very energetic after being knocked around by Big Bird for about five minutes. I've just sat on my ass while waiting on some sort of miracle that we'll get out of here.

Once he'd settled down a bit, he saw my shivering and handed over his Decathlon jacket. We both laid down on top of the truck bed we used to be stuck in and looked up into the incredibly bright lighting.

"So, who was that person from the second portal?" Peter asked after a brief moment of silence.

"Hm," I started, "he's my magic teacher. I guess that's the best way to describe him. Imagine combining all of those Hogwarts teachers into one, and that's how you describe Daniel."

"Even Snape?"

"No, we don't do potions," I said while laughing.

He laughed along with me and the moment really did feel amazing. If only this stupid headache would go away.

"Hey Karen? How long have we been here?" Peter asked out loud and then there's a slight pause, "Thirty-seven minutes? I can't wait around like this! I gotta get out of here!"

Peter then flipped off the truck bed and inside.

I followed down a lot slower than he did, and found him searching through the bag Big Bird was trying to steal.

"Wait, we've been carrying around a bomb?"

"We've been carrying around a bomb?" I repeated, very confused.

"Karen says this thing is a Chitauri core used in weapons and such and Ned has one in his backpack right now!"

"What?"

Peter paid no mind to me as he desperately swung over to the huge concrete doors blocking our exit and pounded on them.

Like that's gonna help anything.

Knowing that won't work, I brought him over the scientific calculator from the bookbag he packed and tossed it up to him on the wall. He seemed to figure out what I was thinking and began working on getting those doors open.

After more than an hour, Peter entered a code and the door magically opened.

"It worked!" He cried out. Removing the calculator from the panel, he stuffed it in his bag and jumped back over to me, grabbing me at the waist. "We have to get to the Decathlon before it's too late and stop that bomb from going off."

Now it's time to vehicle hop until we get to the Washington Monument and hope we get there before a Chitauri weapon goes boom.