💔Shuichi x suicidal! Reader💔

⚠️In game
spoilers for chapters 1 and 2
self harm
a suicide attempt
angst obviously

Also for story purposes, everybody is kinda cool with Maki being the Ultimate Assassin. I forgot after I wrote certain parts that she basically left the next morning, so let's just change that for convenience :)

*I attached a YouTube video I think is really cute and comforting so feel free to watch that if u want*

Your POV

I was in my dorm room. It was the night after Kirumi's trial. That same day, just hours before, Ryoma, the Ultimate Tennis Pro was found dead. All because of somebody I thought I could trust.

Ryoma and I may not have been the closest, but we were at least very good acquaintances. But hearing him talk about how his life didn't matter and how he was giving up on live...it didn't sound right.

Kaede and Rantaro were both found dead just days before. They both had relatively good reasons. Kaede tried to save us, and Kirumi tried to fulfill her duty as the prime minister. I thought highly of all of them, and now every one of them is dead. All because of this killing game.

Before I knew it, tears were falling out of my eyes and onto the covers beneath me.

Somebody I admired throughout all of this though, was the Ultimate Detective.
Shuichi Saihara.
After Kaede's death, he really grew a pair thanks to Kaito and some other people's help.

Shuichi, Kaede, and I had become friends before the first murder. I had also gotten really close with Kokichi as well. We would pull pranks on other people and he would tease me every so often about my crush on a certain detective, but that's not important.

Finding out Kaede was the culprit hit Shuichi like a truck, and he blamed himself for it every second he could get. I would always explain to him that it wasn't his fault, and he seemed comforted.

Meanwhile, I had started internally dying.

The deaths were getting to me. And after we saw Ryoma's motive video, I began to wonder if that's what mine looked like.

Is there really nobody that cares for me outside of this prison?

More tears.

If there isn't, then there's no point in living I guess.

I already had a plan of my own to leave this place. But not in the way people might've thought if I had told them.

I was going to kill myself.

I already had a suicide letter, stating that the culprit was obviously me, so that I didn't need to put everybody through another heartbreaking trial. I wouldn't be able to die in peace knowing I had cost them their lives if they got it wrong somehow.

The tears started to soak into the cuts on my left arm. My salty tears mixing into the open wounds was really painful.

Today's the day.

I grabbed a (f/c) jacket, and after wiping my tears stained face, opened my door. After a few small interactions with Keebo, Gonta, and Tsumugi, I made my way to the kitchen in the dining hall.

I peeked my head in and saw Shuichi, Kaito, Himiko, Tenko, Maki, and Kokichi all sitting together talking. I don't walked in, trying to be as least noticeable as possible, but things didn't go my way it seemed.

"Hey (y/n)! Why don't you join us?" Kaito shouts over to me with his booming voice.

"Yes (l/n)-chan! You'd be much more enjoyable than these degenerate males..." Tenko mumbles the last part.