💔Hanahaki Shuichi~Saiouma💔

⚠️non despair au
hanahaki disease
vomiting
blood/slight gore
grief

*Makoto and Kyoko are Shuichi's parents in this btw, but I forgot to change their last names to fit so just go with it*

Shuichi's POV

I sit in the bathroom like I do every day after school.

Why won't it just stop?

I felt more sharp petals rise from my stomach to my throat. Trying to force them down, I grabbed a nearby glass cup and quickly filled it with sink water. After swallowing the cold liquid, I slide down the bathroom wall to a sitting position.

This is how it's been for the past month and a half. Ever since I realized I had begun to love my good friend.

Kokichi Ouma.

We'd been friends for a year, maybe longer. Over a month ago, I remember I was sitting in my room one day. I was scrolling through my photo gallery, and saw some pictures of Kokichi and I hanging out together.
Then I felt an awful feeling in my stomach.

It was like the usual butterflies you'd get when you look at someone you love, but it has been mixed with something vile. Like poisonous butterflies in my stomach and lungs, forcing themselves up. I ran to the bathroom in my room and began violently throwing up. But it wasn't acidic. It wasn't food. When I opened my eyes, there were violet flower petals in the toilet. There was also a faint smell of lavender around them.
I also noticed a red substance dripping down my chin and a metallic taste filling my mouth.

After doing some research, I found it.

The Hanahaki Disease.

A disease one can get when they fall in love with somebody. Symptoms: throwing up flower petals resembling that person. There are only 2 cures.

1. Tell them your feelings, and if they love you back the petals will go away.
2. Get a surgery to remove the flowers manually, but also lose the ability to ever romantically love again.
(Those may not be 100% accurate, but just pretend)

Do one of those, or die.

How did it get to this point?

At first I thought it was ridiculous. Vomiting flower petals just because I love Kokichi? That's scientifically impossible. Like something out of a fairy tale.
But the agonizing pain in my lungs said otherwise.

*Knock knock*

I look over to the closed bathroom door at the sound of gentle knocking.

"Come in," my raspy voice mumbles.

The door slowly opens and a brown head of hair with green eyes peeks around.

"Hey dad."

"Hey buddy, you doing okay?" He says, coming inside the room fully. His grey shirt and dark green jacket sways slightly from the door. His ridiculous lime green socks slide closer to me on the ground.

"As okay as I can be," I rub my palms in my eyes. He rubs my shoulder, moving to my back. My dad sits down next to me on the floor and pulls me closer to him.