Chapter 1(Edited)

(Revised)

     I wake up from my alarm clock blaring and I groan sitting up in my bed. I looked at my clock to see it was 6:30 in the morning. I'm Kaylor Light, I'm 24 years old with two 17 year old siblings. Yes I know there is an age gap but let's just say my parents were 19 when they first had me so I guess you could say maybe a little early.

Anyways, I get out of bed to get ready for my job. I work at a local coffee shop in a little town I call home. I got in the shower to wash myself off from last night. Last night I was the famous street racer by the name of Skull which is also my boxing name for when I illegally fight. I made around $1200 dollars in cash which is enough for at least half of the week. Considering half of the week that would include groceries to gas money and whatever else we may need.

I get out of the shower and look in the mirror. I see a few bruises on both of my ribs from this past week's fights and I go to brush my hair and teeth. I then put on mascara and that's about it. I get dressed into my work clothes and walk down the hallway to my siblings rooms to wake them up. I walk in my sister's room to see her and a guy in her bed with the thought of "Guess someone had a good night" and I chuckle. I then go back to my room and grab the air horn. Oh yeah. I then walk near both my brothers and sisters room and blow it.

I hear one of the three people fall off a bed and I look in my sister's room to see the guy had fallen off the bed and was groaning from what I'm assuming is a headache. I just laughed at him and then went to check on my brother to see him awake and getting out of bed. He looks at me with a what look and I shake my head walking back out of his room and back to Addie's.

I see that they were both now dressed and he was about to climb out of the window. "Really Ad's, the window? I knew he was here, let him out the door" I told her, rolling my eyes and walking downstairs of our medium sized house to the kitchen where my keys were. You're probably like why aren't you upset with her. Well because I was that age too and I did the same thing as she did so why is it any different. Now if I had kids of my own that would be a different story.

"Bye people, love y'all and don't skip classes, try not to fall asleep!" I yell at them grabbing my keys, walking out of the house with no worries because I know they will get to school one way or another. That is the one important rule I have in the household, school has to happen for them. Opening my car door, I hopped in and turned it on to drive to the cafe.

I finally get to my destination and almost roll out of my car for the long day ahead.I walk through the back door to the building and clock in to start my shift.

It was now around 8:30 in the morning and our most loyal customer of three years walks in. Ah, Trace Giovanni, the most handsome and devilish man alive. He walks in with his usual all black suit and dark sunglasses, hiding his dark grayish-blue eyes. "Like who wears sunglasses inside?". Well apparently he does, but I ignore it and start taking his order. I look at him with a thought of, "somethings different today", he's different. His energy is darker than usual. "Black coffee no sugar" he says blankly, which is different since he normally says "hello" or something but I don't think anything of it.

I nod getting his coffee together. "$6.20" I say to him, a little nervous which is a surprising since I'm almost never nervous around him. He hands me $10 dollars and says "keep the change" and I give him his coffee. He then walks off without letting me say "thank you" which makes me kind of sad but I snap out of it. No, no men not right now I tell myself since right now I am trying to pay bills along with my siblings things, I couldn't. And I haven't had to move for the past couple years since the services gave up finally realizing my age for once as they used to always chase me and my siblings as we were underage without our parents and supervisors.

The day moved on slowly and non busy until it was time to go. I head to the back and clock out grabbing my stuff, exiting the café. I walk to my car with the feeling of someone watching me and my every move. I shake the feeling off, ignoring it, I open my car door and sit in my car. I drive home with the same feeling still flowing through me. I looked in my rear view mirror paranoid that someone was following me but there was no one even behind or in front of me which was weird.

When I get home, I hurry inside of my house, paranoid and waiting for Addie and Isaac to get home from school.

Trace's Point of View

Four years ago today I took over my fathers Mafia, the Sangue Lupi Italia Mafia. I wasn't proud of our family's business since it was keeping me away from someone I wanted dearly but couldn't have. Kaylor Light. I have wanted her since the first day I walked into that cafe three years ago but I have been so afraid to bring her into my world even though I know she could very well handle herself just fine. As of being Skull, the street racer and underground fighter, both illegal activities.

The way her blonde brown hair is pulled back and the way her uniform fits her which makes me a little more than mad since no one should see her in that way than me. Her smile and eyes are everything to me though, she is kind to her family and protects her family.

I want her and I will have her in some time I hope.