Chapter 5(Edited)

We soon then pulled up to the school and I looked at Trace to see him out of the car already and heading towards the school. And I then soon follow him trying to keep up with him. We walk into the entrance of the school and we head to the front office. "Hi I'm Kaylor Light I'm here to pick up Isac Light." I tell the front office lady who just looks grumpy. "License" she says and I hand her my license seeing her then call Isac from class.

"He'll be right up" she says then getting back to work. We wait in the office for a couple minutes until I see Isac walk in. "What's wrong?" he asks me since he knows I don't do this unless somethings up. "Nothing but we need to go" I say and he responds by looking at me funny. I grabbed his hand pulling him with me while Trace followed behind us walking out of the office and out of the school.

"Okay Isac go get in the car, me and Trace need to talk. We are going to talk for a few minutes." I tell him and he gets in the car already knowing to wait and to not complain. "What was your plan doing this? '' I asked him because I needed to know why he was doing this. "It might sound crazy but Kaylor I have wanted you for a long time like since you first started working at the cafe, I have carved you, felt a need the protect you from everything and I don't know why" he says avoiding eye contact with me and I stare at him not knowing what to say.

"Look Trace, I just want what's best for my family. I really don't need relationships really, I mean with what I do. Trace I feel almost the same way too, I feel our connection but please let them finish high school I need to be there for them right now and there's only a month left, can you wait that long"I tell him and it honestly breaks my heart but I don't know why. It's not like I love him. Then it hits me I wouldn't be feeling this way if I didn't at least love him at least a little bit.

"No Kaylor, I need you. I can't wait, please come live with me. My world, it's dangerous and that might scare you off but I'm pretty sure you and your family would be able to handle it so please give us a try," he pleads to me. "Can I think about it" I say to him and he nods looking straight at me. I hug him and when I do I feel sparks fly everywhere like there was only me and him no one else.

I let him go and kissed him on the cheek which makes him smile like a kid on the Fourth of July. "I'm going to grab Addie and then we'll head home in our car but I promise I will think about it" I say while putting my head in the crook of his neck. "Okay Kaylor, that would be perfect" he says and I feel heat rushing to my cheeks as they normally would when he was around. "Well bye I'll talk to you later" I tell him letting him go and go get into the car where I see Addie and Isaac play fighting in the car.

I then proceeded to the car and I started the car and was about to drive off when Isac spoke. "So what was that about? '' Isaac asks me. "Nothing for you to worry about '' I tell him, focusing on him in the rear view mirror. "So hanging out with a mobster is nothing" he proceeds to say, rolling his eyes. "Isac why, why are you so worried about it? We also do illegal things to make you forget and you don't even know him" I tell him.

"We don't have a choice, Kaylor. We do it to eat and pay the bills, he kills people and tortures them" he then proceeds again to say to me trying not to yell from his frustration at me. "Yeah but those people he "kills'' do horrible things, they betray him, use women or men, or they're rivals from other mafia's but none of them are innocent" I yell at him getting out of the car to take a breather from being so frustrated with him.

I then hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see who it was. "You're still here" I say to him, getting overwhelmed with my emotions and close to breaking down. "What's wrong?" he asks with concern all over his face. I hold up my index finger telling him to hold on. I open the car door and look at Addie. "Take your brother and yourself home, don't worry about me. "What no last time we did that we almost lost you" Isac yells at me. "I'm not going to be alone, I promise." I tell him with a supportive smile trying my hardest to not bring back up the memories.

I shut the door waiting until they drove off. "What were they talking about?" Trace asks me and I sadly smile at him. "We were cornered in an alleyway and I told them to leave but they didn't except they hid behind a dumpster for a while until at the time I was able to get away from them but the men almost killed me so now they won't leave me in any possibility for it to happen ever again" I say but little does he know they were too late to do anything to help me.

"We'll live with you I'll give this a shot but if you do anything to hurt my family or myself we'll leave and you won't ever get me back" I tell him sternly raising my eyebrows at him and he nods to me. I have been disrespected with my body two times and I have hid my pain this long and I will continue hiding it until the end of the earth unless this big dufus does before it. I looked at him and I could practically see his eyes glowing from happiness.

Next thing you know I was pulled into his arms and he was hugging me and as I hugged him back, I weirdly felt so safe in his arms but I knew I couldn't get too attached completely, it wouldn't ever turn out good and would only put us both through pain. We let go when I hear a car screech towards us and I feel Trace pull me to the ground. "Get in the car" he says and we both hurried standing up and running straight to the car.

When we stood up I heard gunshots fire everywhere around us and with them being aimed straight towards us. It made me flinch but I didn't have time to sit around and mope about the past nor the present at that moment. We both got in the car which the bullets were flicking off of. This thing was bulletproof, I then felt the car speed up pushing me hard against the seat and I saw Trace focused on the road and rear view mirrors.

I look out to the rear mirrors and see that these people were following us. "Trace" I squeaked, getting nervous. "I know I see them" he says in a cold voice which I understood he was focused on but I was still a little shocked by it though I now knew he was a Mafia King but goddamn his mood swings are something. I then look out the side window and scream.