Chapter 27(Edited)

I woke up to bright sunlight shining in through his office window and a sharp pain raising through my entire body. I groaned trying to raise myself off the couch and off of Trace but my entire body was going through the pain from just a couple of broken ribs which are a bitch.

      I felt him stirring underneath me and his eyes widen from my pained expression. "Dammit I'm sorry I forgot your ribs babe what can I do to help" he asks in complete worry. "Just help me and the damn baby sit up" I tell him and before I know it he's helping me sit up before confusion sweeps his face.

     "Wait baby wait what!" he say aloud with much confusion looking straight at me and I smile. "Yes when I woke up yesterday the doctor told me my blood results he had to take for my vitals or something like that well he was reading the results and what he said next was that I was pregnant with most likely a boy from the blood results" I say to him with a smile.

     I see his face morph into a smile before looking guilty. "Hey what's wrong baby" I say putting my hand on his warm cheek. "I put you through so much and you were pregnant and were beat up and I was barely able to protect you hell I even tried to send you away" He says looking down with a guilty expression.

       "Hey do not blame yourself okay it was a big misunderstanding we both took part of but how about instead of blaming ourselves we move past that and focus on our little bundle of joy we'll see in a couple of months" I say to him and he nods leaning down and kissing me lovingly with a smile on both of our lips.

      There was then a knock on the door which brought us back to reality and for me the pain in my rib cage. "Okay I need some pain meds" I whimper trying to move but it was almost impossible it felt like.

     I am suddenly lifted off of the couch very gently and my head put into his neck while he carried me out of the office and to what seemed to be heading to our bedroom. We entered the room and he set me down on the very comfortable bed but he didn't lay down with me.

    "Where are you going" I asked wondering and sad if he wasn't going to stay with me. "I'm just going to go get the doctor to check up on you and the baby and he may give you some pain medication, don't worry I will be back I love you" he tells me with a goodbye of kissing my forehead and out of our bedroom.

      Third Person Point of View

She does wonder if she did right by forgiving him so easily every time but she could care less, with him she was happy, he was her happy place where she could live and laugh without worry of someone seeing something they weren't supposed to. She felt complete and whole with him. She felt safe.

      She heard the door open and saw Trace with the Doctor walk into the room but she was only looking at Trace. She then felt someone grab her wrist which made her jump but she then realized it was only the doctor. He laughed at her little to no acknowledgement of him.

      He checked everything including the baby saying he was fine but to stay on bed rest for a little while to help let her ribs heals with an addition of giving her some pain tolerance medication and that she was basically free to do whatever except little to no physical activities.

      Trace and her nodded to the doctor in understanding to what he was saying and were then left alone in their room. "Come here" she whined to him wanting him to cuddle her so they could just forget everything and be in their own little world of just them two.

    Trace smiled to her and she smiled in understanding that he was accepting the invitation to come cuddle with her. He climbed in behind his dear, lightly putting his arm around her lower mid-drift and slowly falling asleep along with her.

      Trace's Point of View

  I awoke from a loud explosion surrounding the entire house and many gun shots surrounding my hearing. I quickly shot straight out of my bed to get dressed and to get Kaylor to safety. "I load my gun and put it in my waistband while adding other knives across my body and adding another gun in my jacket.

    I ran out of the closet to see Kaylor awake and alarmed from what we were hearing but looking at me she knew this was no joke and their was no time to mess with. She quickly put shoes on along with my hoodie and my sweatpants and followed me as quickly as she could to my office.

    Arriving at me office door I noticed the girls and Paula awaiting outside of my office to get to the safe room which included a secret tunnel way leading outside the house gates in a straight path so they wouldn't get lost encase for a high emergency. But their were doors and other little things as for distractions.

    I open the door and got to my back wall which were decorated in random pictures in picture frames and pulled on of them opening the doorway. They all immediately got into the room except for her. One look at me and my heart broke.

    "Come back to me please I love you" she whispers in my ear and I nod my head kissing her on the lips. "I love you too, I will always come back to you" I whisper in her ear before shutting the doorway and locking my office from the outside.

   It was time for war.

           Third Person Point of View

     With many bombs exploding and bullets hitting flesh the only thing she could worry about was about her love and the one behind this.

         Alec Romanica