Chapter 5 - Rough Practice

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Jacklin said looking down at me. She's so fake.

"Touch her one more time and I'll break your finger."

"Ugh you wouldn't do that to me," she winked at Cole.

The girl next to Cole raised her eyebrows, "Girl, you better watch your back."

Before Jacklin could say anything Hope jumped in, "Okay guys calm down I'm sure it was an accident and Jackie didn't mean it right?"

"Why would you care about her," she pointed at me, "River is cheating on you with her."

The whole class went silent.

Cole busted out laughing. Then we all started laughing. The laughing was contagious.

Jacklin stood there looking annoyed and eventually walked away rolling her eyes.

We all stopped laughing a little while later.

"Too funny," Cole said.

"Sorry about that Cassie. By the way, this lovely person is Natalie." Hope told me.

"Hi," I said. "Why does Jacklin hate me so much?"

"She's just a jealous bitch," Natalie said loudly so the whole class could hear.
Hope tried to hide her smile.

"Language," the teacher said, not looking up.

Rylie laughed next to me.

Jacklin looked annoyed and rolled her eyes for the hundredth time of the day.

"Sorry Mr. Johnson," Natalie said, "I gotta say it as it is."

He shrugged.

"I love Mr. Johnson."

"What about me?" Cole said with a sad face.

She looked at him, "Yeah I guess I love you too." She said with a smile and then gave him a quick kiss.

"Too cute," Hope said.

Rylie and I talked the whole class period. I found out that she was trying out for soccer too and she was going to the conditioning after school. The bell rang and Rylie walked me to Biology.

Biology was boring, all the teacher did was lecture us. Henry was in the class too and he was sleeping. The teachers didn't care about much in this school.

At the end of class, I woke up Henry and he took me to World geography.
World geo was just as boring, I almost decided to sleep as Henry did.

I found myself getting excited about soccer. I haven't played in so long. Just playing would make me happy. Even if I didn't make the team in the spring.

The final bell rang and Adam walked me to the locker rooms.

We parted ways going into the locker rooms.

Rylie was already there changing. She waved at me and I sat my stuff down beside her.

"I'm so happy I'll have a friend to play soccer with now," Rylie lowered her voice, "Some of these girls are bratty and think they're better than everyone else."

"Emma doesn't play soccer?"

"No way she's not into the whole exercising and just moving in general."

I laughed.

We both finished changing and went out to the field.

The coach first had us jog two miles. I was ready to go to sleep after that, but that was only the warmup. Next, we passed the ball with a partner. We then played a mini soccer game with a mini field made out of cones. After that, the boys walked over and the coaches put us into six teams.