Chapter 8 - Lost Brother and Bugs

The next day was Sunday. Usually a pretty relaxed day in the Wayne house.

My knuckles were bandaged up. Great. I was probably going to get another talk because of that.

I went to the bathroom and checked on my wounds like I did every day.

My back was just about completely healed which was good. But it left a nasty scar. Most of the little bruises around my body had faded. But what was worrying me was my stomach. It didn't seem to be getting any better. Usually, it takes a little over two weeks for my bruises to go away. It's been almost a month and they were still purple and blue. I was almost out of painkillers. I had been hurting every day, but I didn't notice it because I was used to the pain.

I'm sure it'll pass. I've been doing this for years. They all have healed eventually.

I shrugged. Whatever. I'll be fine.

I walked downstairs and had breakfast. Julie and Ted sat me on the couch and had another talk with me. Just like I expected. They wanted me to see a therapist.

"No thanks," I said.

"It's not an option anymore," Ted said bluntly.

"I don't want to,"

"You will go to the group session on Wednesdays and Saturdays. And if that doesn't help then we will get you a therapist." Ted told me.

My vision got blurry as tears started to form. Why can't they just leave me alone? I'm fine.

"Sweetie, it's to make you feel better. We aren't doing this to hurt you. We want to help you." Julie said. "Look at your hands. That's not safe or healthy. We don't want you hurting yourself."

I got up and went to my room. I clenched my jaw. I was fine. I don't need help. This is complete bullshit.
I went to the bathroom and bit my bicep. The pain helped with my anger. My breathing calmed and my muscles relaxed.

I cleaned up and sat on my bed. I read a book to distract my mind.

Rex came in and sat on my bed. He laid next to me and I pet him as I read.

I went downstairs for lunch. Julie and Ted had left to finish paperwork again.

We all went outside and played soccer.

"Adam, stop being such a ball hog!" Henry shouted.

Henry went to Adam and tried to get the ball away from him. He failed.

"What are you doing? We are on the same team," Adam said going around Henry.

"You're not acting like it. You are a one-man team." Henry said joining our side.

"Hey!" Adam complained. "Stand in the goal that'll be kind of useful."

"No thanks," he crossed his arms.

Adam was on his own now and he lost, but he held his ground. We had five goals and Adam had two. One of those was Eli accidentally kicking the ball into the wrong goal.

Adam shot the ball to the goal, but I stopped it with my stomach. Ouch. I tried to ignore the pain. Keyword there is tried.

I walked to the patio table and sat down on one of the chairs. Stupid bruises always have to ruin everything.

"You good?" Adam shouted.

"Yeah just worn out," I said back.

"Yeah me too," Henry sat down next to me.