Chapter 25 - Gone

I opened my eyes but still couldn't see anything.  

My head hit a wall.  I was moving.  A car.  

I groaned and moved my head off the window.  

“What's happening?” I groaned.  My head was pounding and I couldn't think straight.  

“No talking,” a deep voice said. 

I jumped.  That woke me up.  

Where was I?  What was happening?  Was this a bag over my head or was I blind?  Bag… I think.

I searched my memory.  The last thing I remembered… Henry.

“Henry?” I panicked.

“What the fuck did I just say?” the voice said.  I felt something hard graze the top of my head.  A gun I guessed.

“Where’s Henry?” I asked again.

The gun barrel was smashed against my head.

“Hey stop.  He wants her unharmed,” I heard another voice.  A calmer voice I recognized.  Forrest.

“Is Henry here?” I gritted my teeth as I spoke quickly, “Forrest I swear to God-”
The bag was ripped off my head.  I guessed right, I wasn't blind. 

“Talk again and I’ll shoot him,” the deep voice said.  The voice belonged to a big guy wearing all black holding the bag that was over my head.  I quickly looked at who the gun was now pointed to.  The person had a bag over their head, but I knew it was Henry.  His hands shook violently. 

We were in the back of a van.  The big guy was sitting next to Henry across from me.

I looked over to the other person sitting with us who was right next to me.

He was glaring at the big guy and slowly turned his head to look at me.  Almost dreading it.

I stared at him in a way that said ‘I can’t fucking believe you’ mixed with disappointment and disgust.  

“Hey, Cassie,” Forrest’s mouth went into a tight line. 

I clenched my fists which were tied together.  But I didn't speak, I couldn't if Henry’s life was on the line.  

Forrest looked away from me and put his hands him his hair and his elbows on his knees.  I really wanted to slam my fist into his back, but big guy was a flaw in that plan.  

“Um, we’re going to the airport, so please behave,” Forrest said.

When I didn't respond he looked up.  I was staring at the gun at Henry’s head.

“Dude, put that down,” Forrest sighed. “You can talk, but don't scream, I have a headache already.”

“You don't get to bark orders around here,” the big guy said.

“You sure about that?” Forrest challenged.

The big guy muttered something under his breath before dropping the gun to his side.  

“Where are we going?” I asked quietly but confidently.  I was scared shitless, but I couldn't let Henry hear that.  I had to be strong for him.

“None of your business,” the big guy said.

“Go up front,” Forrest said calmly.

“Wha-”

“Leave,” Forrest cut him off.

“Just 'cause you’re the boss's son, this bull shit,” he muttered walking to the front of the van.  The van had a door between the back and the front.  He opened the door and sat in the passenger seat before closing the door.