Chapter 21 - Suprise

The drive wasn't that long. But it was excruciating.  Mom wouldn't tell us anything and just kept smiling.

We finally got to our destination. 

"The bowling alley?" Adam said, not enthused.

"Yep," Mom clapped her hands like a child.

I laughed.

"She's hiding something," Cole pointed at his mother.

Mom put her hand to her chest and looked offended.  "I would never," then she laughed.

"I'm kind of scared," Henry said, jumping out.

"Nothing to be scared of," Dad said, "Moms just being Mom."

We laughed.

We went inside and got our shoes and went to the alley.

We started playing and after a few minutes Mom's phone rang.

"Ok, we're at the third lane," she said into the phone quietly and I was the only one that heard.  She saw me looking at her and winked.

Mom stood up and looked towards the door and smiled.

I looked over and froze.  

"Oh my god," I whispered, putting my hand to my mouth. 

The guy walked in, looked around and made eye contact with me.  He smiled.
He walked up to me and I stood up and hugged him.

"Hey lil sis," he said, holding me tight.

I held him for what felt like an eternity.  When we finally parted.  I was so shaken I forgot where I was.  

"Everyone, this is Kyle, Cassie's older brother," mom said.

Kyle shook everyone's hand, even Eli's.  

"Are you the disowned brother?" Elijah asked.

"Uh, not that I know of," Kyle said.

I chuckled.

"What did you tell him?" Kyle whispered to me.

"I thought you were dead," I said.

"Me dead, pft, over my dead body," he smiled.

I snorted and playfully hit his stomach with the back of my hand.

"You two should catch up, get some drinks or food," Mom said, handing me some cash.

"Ok," I said.  Kyle and I went to a small table near the bar.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"Well when George did what he did, I beat him to pulp," he didn't smile at that, "I was sent to juvy.  It wasn't that bad actually."

"That's because everyone probably feared you.  I'd be scared too if I didn't know you were a teddy bear on he inside."

"Am not."

"Are to."

He squinted his eyes at me, "Anyway… when I turned 18 I was moved to prison which was worse for sure, but let's not talk about that."

"Oh," I couldn't imagine him in prison.

"When I got out I was on my own really.  I found a job that some buddies from prison hooked me up with.  I couldn't find you anywhere, and no one could tell me why.  Honestly I thought I had dreamt it all or something." He looked down confused. "But anyway, what about you?"

"What about me?" I gulped.

"What happened when Elliot got you?" He said the name gingerly.

"He didn't get me.  The car crashed and I went to the hospital," I said. "They said you went to juvy and I was placed with Robby."