Family love that keeps you strong

"The love of a family is life's greatest blessings"-Unknown from Pinterest

"What happened dad?" I asked. They both get shocked seeing me in front of them. But mom quickly changed the topic. "oh sweetheart, Mom and Dad are just talking about some stuffs. Nothing serious. How was your day. Are you all prepared for the coming exam?"

"Mom, Please don't change the topic. I already heard you guys. And I'm already an adult so you don't have to hide anything from me. Please, tell me what happened?"

"Baby it's nothing your dad and I can't handle. You don't have to stress over it and just focused on the exam and all the things you need to do. We got this. Don't worry."

"I want to know what she do to you now? I heard its about some money. I just want to know much we owned her." I questioned without backing.

"Wanda, Please watch your language. She is your grandmother." My mom scold me. "Okay, So please tell me how much my sweetest  grandmother  owned. And I wanna know the whole drama"

*************

"Okay, We can manage. I have my scholarship money held with me. Tomorrow dad you will go and give it to her." I said looking to my parents.

"What? No, never. We can never let you pay the money." my dad exclaimed. "Honey, You don't have to pay. This matter I will handle with your father. And besides those are your money you painstakingly saved for your future studies. We all know your hard works. We will manage everything. Don't worry." said my mother.

"Yes, what your mother said is absolutely right." my dad joined my mom.

"But dad I know very well that you guys don't have that much money with you. And please there would be no me without your support. Whatever belongs to me belongs to us. You can't discard your own child from you, right? Besides I am my dad's boy. I will handle my study. But this matter I want it to settle down immediately. Please dad mom." I argued.

"Okay okay, we will go with your say. When my baby girl became so grown up." My dad said with tears clouding his eyes.

"Now mom, can you give something to eat? I'm starving." I said smiling.

we all headed to our dinning area. while eating I tell them about my day. About our upcoming exam and prom. We enjoyed each other company. My dad share little funny things that happened in the shop and we all are laughing like crazy. Oh God, I just love them love my family. They are my only family. What would I do without them. I can't even want to think about it.

Days are gone like passing clouds. Soon our exam was over and the prom is approaching and I am getting nervous as hell thinking about my date with Cole.

 Soon our exam was over and the prom is approaching and I am getting nervous as hell thinking about my date with Cole

As the day finally came Megan and I started to get ready for the day. She is going to the prom with Liam, her boyfriend who is also our college's popular basketball player. She said that Liam and Cole both are coming to get us soon.

I took out a simple pink dress that Megan gifted me on my birthday with white shoes.  While She is in a elegant maroon dress. I keep my make up simple. Put my foundation, powder , eyeliner, and my favorite nude pink lipstick. Megan done my hair with simple curls  that came to my shoulder. She done her by herself as I am practically of no help with make up.

The bell rang. "Honey, the boys are here to pick you up." my mom shouted under the stairs. We quickly came down. Both the boys are looking fabulous. 

"You are looking beautiful" said Cole amusingly. I smiled and we then hop on the car and started for the destination. The ambiance was amazing with all the decorations, flowers, light , music. We all are enjoying ourselves pretty well. Megan and Liam are dancing together like Cole and I. With Cole everything like wonderful. He is like the perfect. After sometime I excuse myself from Cole and Megan and I came to washroom. While doing our touchups I we are going towards the hall suddenly I heard Cole's voice talking with his friends probably.

"Cole, man finally you tame the nerdy to came to the prom with you huh?" one of the boys said.

"The whole evening you are practically drooling over her. Are you serious about her?" another one said

"Oh come on guys, you must be kidding. I and that little nerd. Please. Don't forget about our bet. If I get her tonight you are giving me the thing as promised. " Cole voice rang.

My heart just sink to the bottom. Megan quickly held me up. Otherwise I will hit the door. She take my hand and march to the place where Cole and all his buddies are talking. Cole got stiff seeing us coming and before he could say anything Megan punched his nose and take me towards the gate leaving the party. Liam saw her, they both talk and he Quickly get his car to take us home.

And just Like that my hope of love crashed down hard.