The First Step

"Start Where You Are, Use What You Have, Do What You Can."-ARTHUR ASHE

It is now 8.15 am. The interview has started exactly at sharp 8.00 am. I am now sitting in the waiting lounge in the reception area. There are 5 more people sitting in the area waiting for the interview.  We all are waiting for our call.

"Wanda Collins", the receptionist called my name and I quickly got up from my seat. "You can go now." The lady informs.

I straightened my pencil skirt, and walked towards Mr. Adam's office who is the PA of Mr. Black as I was notified by the receptionist. I knocked slightly on the door and entered.

"Please come in Miss Collins and be seated." Mr. Adam said softly. I entered and walked over to the chair him, once I reached and take my seat and waited for them to speak.

"Miss Collins, Please introduce yourself."

There you go....

****************

"Miss Collins, you will be joining office from tomorrow and your shift starts from 7.00 am sharp. Tomorrow our new CEO will be joining us. So I hope you will be here right on time because Mr. Black don't tolerate non -punctual persons." Mr. Adam Informs me. "You will be working by my side and don't get nervous, Just do as you told. And welcome to family." Mr. Adam smiled at me.

"Thank you so much sir. And please don't worry, I will be here right on time." I replied.

"You may go now."

"Thank you sir."

******************

"Mom, Dad, where are you. Mom, Dad."

My parents came running "What happened sweetheart?" my dad ask.

"Dad mom, I got the job. This is my appointment letter. Look. Oh God I am so happy. Finally, Finally my dreams are coming true."

"Of course baby, you work hard for this. And God always helps those who helps themselves." mom said smiling with teary eyes.

"Don't cry mom, all our dreams will be true for sure." I hug my parents.

"No doubt in that." My dad respond.

"Dad mom, you don't have to work anymore. I will manage all the bills and necessities of us. You don't have to worry anymore. Just relax and enjoy yourselves from now on. I will be taking all the responsibilities. And no argue on that."

"As you say my baby." my dad said happily. "And for these occasion tonight I will be cooking as my treat."

"As you wish dad. Love you mom love you dad."

"Love you too sweetheart". my parents said.

The whole day we celebrate by going shopping, picking groceries for dinner. Later at night my dad made his special dish and we all ate while laughing chatting about my office.

Then after saying Goodnight I came upstairs in my room and let the sleep take over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi guys, Thank you for reading my story giving it a chance. So this is my very first story on wattpad. I don't have many experience in writing though I am trying to make it enjoyable. Please vote if you like the story and give comments on how can I make improvements. 

But don't leave any harsh comment.

That's all for today. These chapter is quite small I know. But don't worry the story will get better as go on.

Love you all.. <3