The Happy Ending

It is Christmas Eve. After today we will get to spend holiday for 1 week till new year. Yesterday we have already finished the remaining work. I was busy preparing for today's party in the evening. As PA my boss wants me to check everything for nothing left to prepare last min. 

My Boss for the last few weeks behaving differently. I have a feeling that he is avoiding me. I know I should not be feeling upset because of these. I have feelings for him. But that doesn't mean he have too. I don't blame him actually. I am no match for him.

He deserves someone pretty, smart,  and having a good background. In his social circle there are plenty of them. Just last week I saw one of them. Usually he does not give anyone any attention. Specially I have never seen any from starting the day I started my job till now. But he was very attentive this time  particularly with her.

I know I should not feel like this specially when he does not have any idea of my feelings. But I was jealous. Very much. No matter how I try to control myself. 

'Huh, finally it's all done.' I said to myself. Now I have to get ready. Checking everything for the last time I call Marcos.

"Sir, I have completed everything."

"Okay. Thank you Wanda for your hard work."

"No problem Sir."

"I know I have left everything to you to prepare. It was hard for you but I trust you most. Besides today is a very important day of my life. So I want to everything to be perfect."

'Important day. Does it have to do anything with the lady I saw a week before. Those flowers special arrangements food arrangements is it all because of her?' I wonder. I stay silent.

"Wanda, are you there?"

I came out of my trance. But my voice could not help coming out shakily. 

"Is it something special today Sir?" I asked him holding my courage.

"Yes, I forgot to inform you. Today a very important person of my life is coming. "

"Who the person if may I know"

"You will know eventually. For your note she is very pretty talented smart women that have stolen my heart away. Today I'm gonna propose her. So I made you work extra hard to check nothing goes wrong."

"Does she know?"

"No, she absolutely have no idea. It's gonna be a surprise for her."

I almost verge on my tears could not help but ask.

"You seem to be so sure about her feelings for you."

"Yes, of course. She tried so hard to make me not to notice but it was obvious on her face. And I can read her literally."

"Must be long known friend"

"Not that long but yeah you can say so."

"I got to go Sir. I have to get ready for welcoming your guest." I said trying hard controlling my sob.

"Yes, you have to. And you will be welcoming them together with me. So please be quick. I will be at you door sharp 6.00. As host we should be arrive earlier."

"No need Sir. I will come by myself. You have to fetch your date."

"Did you forget? Its gonna be a surprise for her. I don't want to make her guess anything."

"Okay Sir. I will be ready." I choked.

"And Wanda I have already send the dress and accessories you will be wearing today to your home. See if you like them."