chapter 12

Entering the Divination room, Ella was surprised to see that the inside was not dark at all

Entering the Divination room, Ella was surprised to see that the inside was not dark at all. There were several chandeliers and many candles lit and the room smelt like warm milk and honey. On the wall was a large painting of the night sky, and in the centre of the room was a black table.

"Come in dear, I don't bite." A voice called from in front of Ella.

Standing near the windows was an elderly woman with long cascading white hair, holding a wooden walking stick. She was wearing purple robes and her blue necklace shone against the lights.

"Please take a seat, I have been waiting for you." The woman gestured to the chair beside the black table.

"Ah...thank you." Ella hesitantly took a seat as the woman joined her.

"I'm sure you have many questions for me. My name is Elder Freya Mir. I am the Professor for Divination at Leon Academy and I know that you are Ella Deon, Saintess of the Holy Light."

"Saintess of the Holy light? I mean that's... I don't think I can be called that, I haven't done anything," Ella awkwardly replied. [Good lord, please, I just want to survive! I don't want to involve myself in any unnecessary drama that might get me killed!].

"Although you are Ella Deon, you are not, yet at the same time, you have merged with her life. You and Ella cannot be separated, like two sides of a coin. Your life has now forever changed.

You must be very careful. Your every action will now be watched and monitored by those who seek to use your power for greed. They are unaware that your soul has changed but they will do everything to achieve the prophecy."

"I'm sorry, prophecy? And you know about my soul? That I'm not her?" Ella asked, shocked.

"Yes, I know everything. It is the fate of all Seers, those before and after me."

"The prophecy, what is that all about? How am I involved? Gosh, I just want to live." Ella sighed, putting her head on her hands.

"Child, if you want to live you must heed my words wisely. The prophecy was seen by the Elder before me and the Holy Bishop of the Church.