chapter 18

The next few days passed like a breeze and the weekend crept up to Ella

The next few days passed like a breeze and the weekend crept up to Ella. Enjoying her plate of morning snacks in her piggy slippers (courtesy of Merula), Ella let out a relaxed sigh.

"Are you doing anything today Melz?" Ella asked Merula, who was reading a thick book.

Ella was met with silence with only the turning of pages as a response. [Merula has been acting weird the past couple of days. She's been quiet.] Putting her cup of tea down, Ella crept behind Merula, poking her cheeks.

"Ahhh~ Ella." Merula whined, turning her head to face her.

"Finally, I got your attention! You've been quiet these past few days. I asked if you were doing something today, but you look more preoccupied with something else. Penny for your thoughts?"

"Oh, there's nothing going on. I'm just tired." Merula said, shaking her head with her usual poker expression.

"Well, I think you need to take a break from all this reading! That's all I've seen you do these past days~! Hang out with meee~" Ella said, shaking Merula playfully.

"I know but this book...is just so good! I can't help it, it's so interesting learning about magical artefacts and all these mystical beings." Merula sighed.

"I promise to hang out with you after I finish okay?" Merula stuck out her pinky.

"Okay, that's a pinky promise and you better not forget it, okay?" Ella smiled pinky promising their fingers.

"Now a little birdy told me it's your birthday soon...are you doing anything special hmm..." Ella said, giving Merula a look whilst wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh stop it Ella, you're making me laugh!" Merula softly giggled.

"I don't think I'm doing anything special this year..." She sighed, putting her book away.

"Well don't be too sure about that Melz! Now, I'm going to the city to buy a couple things for my mother so I probably won't be back for lunch. So, I'll see you at dinner around six-ish."

Wearing a light blue dress and some brown loafers, Ella placed her essentials in a satchel ready to meet Prince Blaize at the academy square. It wasn't long before she found the Prince albeit with some help from a crowd of excited girls.

[Damn...this prince got some fangirls all right. He's basically an idol. I totally don't blame the girls, if he existed on Earth he would be the number 1 idol with a million followers on Instagram. But Merula would have a gazillion fans! Okay Ella, time to rescue him.]

"Your Highness! Over here!" Ella shouted, waving her arms animatedly drawing the attention of the crowd.

"I'm sorry ladies, but I have an important appointment to attend to." Blaiz politely excused himself to the pack of girls.

"Thank heavens you're here Ella. Any longer and I might have been buried." Blaize uttered.

"Yeah, buried with so much love alright." Ella laughed.