Prologue

Hi :)

So I decided to stick with this story, although not many of you commented or voted on my last post but I understand that I need to give it a go anyways.

*

*

I hope you all will at least give this story a chance, it's a bit different than what I usually work on but I love the plot and I'm hoping you will too.

*
*

Now here's the prologue!

*

*

Kaitlin

I knew dad was planning a huge party for my twentieth birthday, and honestly I hated the idea of it.

I've always been the type that hated attention. I'm not shy, or afraid of people I just prefer to be alone. I had a few friends that really knew me, they were mostly the kids of higher ranked wolves since they were always in my house meeting with my father.

We had a pack house, but dad refused to stay in it, he says it's because be likes his privacy, but I knew the real reason.

Dad resented the idea of me being around so many unmated males.

I was sitting in my room when I heard a loud banging noise coming from downstairs. I knew what was going on, my father, the alpha was probably taking his anger out on one of the pack members. My father was a very powerful man; now don't get me wrong, he has never hurt me, actually he's the complete opposite with me. I am nineteen years old yet he treats me like I'm still his twelve year old little girl. In a way I understand why, I mean I am his only child, and ever since mom died I'm really the only family he has.

I shuddered as I remembered that dreadful night.

It was a few months after her forty-first birthday, dad had been away on pack business when we got a message from him telling us that hunters had managed to get into our packs area.

My mother, being the Luna had to step up and reassure the pack that we would get through this, and everything would go back to normal.

It happened while she was in the middle of her speech. An arrow covered in wolfsbane was shot directly in her heart. My father felt it immediately and in that moment he became the 'monster' everyone knows him as.

There are times when truly do feel bad for him. I wish I could bring mom back. I just can't imagine how it would feel to lose your other half, and I hope I never have to go through that.

* * *

* * *

What'd you all think?

Should I continue?

Let me know...

Comment and vote!

-Sarah