Chapter sixteen

Hi everyone!

So the swelling from my sunburn went down but unfortunately I'm dealing with the wonderful peeling that comes after sunburn. I tried getting this chapter up for you a bit earlier than usual to show you that your continuos support is my motivation!

Please enjoy :)

------------------------------------

Damien

Kaitlin's eyes lit up the moment we made eye contact. Joy overtook my body when I realized that she still wanted me; after all that's happened, I still meant something to her.

I broke eye contact to take a look at the crowd surrounding me. Everyone was here.

I needed to start talking. I needed to let everyone know what my former alpha did.

"Now many of you may not remember me, or have even known me but I have something to say."

I heard Kaitlin's father growl, "get that runt off land."

"No can do sir." I mocked.

"You see the problem is that I have a mate, and my mate and I were planning on getting married, just like this, but Alpha Marcus didn't agree to that."

Gasps could be heard.

"My mate is Kaitlin Bell, but according to her father I am not worthy enough to have her, even though she accepted me with open arms. Long story short, Marcus found out about Kaitlin and I, he got angry, him and his men beat me, threw my body in the middle of no mans land, and left me there to die."

Marcus was fuming.

People were shocked at my news.

I risked a glance at Kaitlin and saw she was crying.

I looked to her left and saw a man who had to be her supposed groom. I snarled in his direction. I would never let him have my Kaitlin. He growled at me and took his stance, clearly he wanted a fight.

And that was when all hell broke loose.

Without thinking about it I jumped in front of Kaitlin and prepared myself to defend her against anyone who dared go near her.

Quickly as possible I pounced on the man. He saw what I was trying to do, and blocked my attempt at landing a good bite on him. My wolf was angered by this and remembered what Max had taught me first.

"Don't act on anger."

The man who had now shifted growled and pushed me off his body. I could hear Kaitlin's screams as the man and I collided. Growls, and snarls could be heard from all over.

I managed to knock the angry wolf off me, and quickly got on top of him, I bared my teeth ready to end his life, but he did something I never thought I'd see, he lowered his head to show his submission. I got off him quickly but he remained on the floor.

Eric, one of the men from my group came to my side, "I'll watch her, and him, you go find her father." I gave him my best nod, and ran off.

As I looked around the area I saw that wolves from other packs were actually helping us. They were fighting against Marcus, and his pack.

I saw Marcus fighting against Max. I couldn't let Max fight this battle for me, I needed to be the one who ends Marcus. Running towards them was harder than I thought. I was knocked down by a wolf I didn't even see. I felt a the side I had been hit from begin to numb, I tried getting back up but the wolf must have injected me with something. I could hear Kaitlin screaming, I didn't know what was happening. I couldn't just lay here and wait for someone to finish me off.

I shifted back into my human form, and stood up. I was completely naked, but I didn't have time to think about that; I'll shift back into my wolf once I feel strong enough.

______________________________
Thoughts on this chapter?

-Sarah.